Zero-Waste Event Crew Member Garbage to Garden
- Date Posted July 29, 2021
- Location Portland, ME
- Category Business
- Job type Part-Time
Our mission is to make composting easy and accessible for everyone. Garbage to Garden services thousands of residential customers and hundreds of businesses, schools, and events each week.
Garbage to Garden is based in Portland, Maine with 25 full-time employees; we have the benefits of a large corporation and the family-like atmosphere of a start-up company. Job description
Our Zero-Waste Event Crew makes it possible for events of all sizes to reduce their impact and minimize waste.
- Set up event waste management systems
- Monitor waste stations within designated area and sweep event grounds of all litter
- Sort waste to maximize diversion and maintain level of cleanliness within designated area at all times
- Submitting waste audit reports following each event
- Clean site following the event & break down & pack-up all Garbage to Garden equipment + supplies
- Remove waste from site according to event contract
- Be educated and informed (we will train) about recycling and composting in the local area, as well as our event waste management program to pass this info along to event attendees, vendors, and venue staff
- Being a professional, positive, and responsible representative of Garbage to Garden at these events
- Accurately record, track, and submit waste audit information
All applicants must:
- Be 18+
- Have a valid Maine License. This role requires driving to and from events.
- Have reliable transportation to and from Garbage to Garden HQ. We are more than a mile from the nearest bus station.
- Be available on nights & weekends
- Be willing and comfortable working outdoors
- Be able to consistently lift 50-75 lbs and work on foot for up to 12 hours
- Be committed learning the ins and outs of recycling and composting
- Be ready to work hard & have fun in a team environment, and not be afraid to get a little dirty
- Have a positive attitude, be ready to engage with the community & excited to learn
- Discounted auto work
- Free curbside composting or drop-off account w/ GTG
- Discounted finished compost and planting mix
- Wellness incentives
This is a seasonal position. For the right candidates, there are opportunities for additional work that could lead to full-time and/or year-round employment.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline