- Date Posted July 28, 2021
- Location Reston, VA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Are you passionate about healthy food?
Looking to join an exciting startup at the ground level?
Are you a problem solver who likes puzzles?
Come join Yay Lunch! and help us provide healthy lunches to grade school kids!
Yay Lunch is a new business concept and we’re seeking a Lunch Delivery Operations Lead to run our operations in the Washington-DC Metro area. This role is split between 50% home office and 50% local travel within your market.
Our mission is to provide healthy food for kids away from home, beginning with school lunches.
How? We curate menus with local vendors in each market, families order online, and we deliver fresh lunches daily to kids at school.
Since launching a pilot in the 2017 / 18 school year, we have expanded rapidly. We currently operate in the Baltimore area, as well as Richmond, Norfolk, and Charlottesville, Virginia. We have aggressive growth plans backed by experienced venture capital partners, and we are excited about our prospects! We are growing in the Washington DC area and looking for an Operations Lead who, working closely with the Director of Operations and internal team, will ensure smooth operations as we scale.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the operations in Washington DC
- Ensure the daily accurate, on-time delivery of lunches to our schools
- Create and send daily order assignments
- Hire, train, schedule, and manage a team of Brand Ambassadors
- Work with the Head of People to ensure all hiring and training standards are met
- Create efficient routing between vendors and schools
- Travel frequently within your market to help with daily operations
- Develop and manage working relationships with vendors and schools in the area
- Work with the Market Manager on growth and development of the area
- Always be on the lookout for operational improvements
- Ensure the accuracy of your team’s time-sheets and reimbursements for bi-weekly payroll reporting
- Additional related duties as needed
You must be:
- Quick to resolve problems
- People-oriented with a focus on driving team engagement and meeting organizational objectives
- Detailed oriented + hyper-organized
- Collaborative and willing to jump in and take on any job
- Able to stay calm under pressure
You must have:
- Operations + logistics experience
- Management experience
- Retail, catering, restaurant management experience a plus
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Drive, Sheets, Word, Hangout, etc.)
- Strong time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A personal vehicle (to use occasionally on the job; we will reimburse for mileage)
We are offering:
- Medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick pay
- Flexible and family-friendly work environment
- A fun and collaborative team
- A chance to grow with us