Restaurant Servers Union Square Hospitality Group
- Date Posted July 30, 2021
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
style of hospitality. Job description
Union Square Hospitality Group is looking for Servers for immediate hire!
We are looking to grow our teams at Blue Smoke, Gramercy Tavern, Intersect by Lexus, Marta, The Modern, and Union Square Cafe.
Submit your application to join our Server Hiring Event on Tuesday, August 3rd from 10:30am-2:30pm at The Modern - 9 W. 53rd Street in NYC.
Who you are: Servers are responsible for ensuring that all guests who dine with us have memorable experiences filled with hospitality, delicious food and drinks, and exceptional service. The Server is the backbone of our Service team and is ultimately responsible for the sale and service of our food and beverages, while acting as a leader on the floor and providing our guests with warm and attentive hospitality.
What you’ll do:
· Demonstrate expertise of all food and beverage menu items with sound knowledge of all ingredients and preparations.
· Consistently follow steps of service with efficiency and grace, while maintaining a sense of urgency throughout service.
· Anticipate guest needs, ensuring constant communication with colleagues, management, and the kitchen at all times during service.
· Maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout all areas of the restaurant both before, during and after service.
· Demonstrates a passion for service & hospitality and an eagerness to learn and grow.
What we need from you:
· 1+ years experience in a guest-facing restaurant role
· English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
· Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time
· Ability to balance & carry multiple plates, glass racks and or/glasses, and lift objects up to 30 lbs
What you’ll get from us:
· $10/hour + tips (average of $1,700/week)
· Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance within one month of employment
· Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
· Paid Parental Leave
· Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
· Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
· Generous Employee Referral Program
· Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement supportCompensation this position is : hourly, $10/hr to $15/hr Application instructions