Line Cook Johnny Seesaw's
- Date Posted July 31, 2021
- Location Peru, VT
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
We serve fresh fare rooted in tradition. Johnny Seesaw’s serves up simple inventive food with deep connections to the surrounding area and the inn’s heritage. Incorporating local ingredients with a fresh twist, our menu celebrates Vermont and elevates comfort food. Job description
- The ideal candidate should posses the following:
- Customize and improvise the requests and orders to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Adhere to proper sanitation, food handling, food storage, food preparation, and hand washing policies.
- Manage time efficiently throughout business fluctuations to ensure consistent, high-standard product.
- Plate and present food as instructed by Executive Chef.
- Additional tasks as assigned by Executive Chef, to include help with staff meals and event functions when necessary.
- Take initiative and work collaboratively and respectfully within team environment.
- Previous experience with saute, grill, fry and garde manger positions
- General knowledge and execution of standard cooking techniques including frying, saueeting, broiling, braising, and grilling
- Ability to properly operate, use and clean line equipment, not limited to: grills, broilers, ovens, fryers, stoves, and refrigeration
- Ability to clean station at the beginning, during, and closing of scheduled shift
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions for food prep and recipe purposes
- Success with handling multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Confident asking for help when necessary
- Aptitude for learning new skills
- High school diploma or GED
- The physical environment requires the employee to stand for the length of the shift.
- The environment can be can be fast-paced with frequent interruptions, distractions and changes in workload.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline