Line Cook, Prep Farm Club
- Date Posted September 23, 2021
- Location Traverse City, MI
- Category Agriculture / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Farm Club exists to foster a relationship between people, food and land; the stronger our connection to our place the stronger our desire to protect it.
Having just completed our first year in operation this July, Farm Club is just getting going and we are excited for the next steps. Our goal is to be in a state of constant improvement. Job description
Farm Club is looking for folks to join our kitchen staff. Opportunities include prep, line cooking, preservation, farm shifts, as well as potential to train into our bakery program where we focus on naturally leavened breads.
We grow, cook, process and brew food from our farm and from other farm's in Michigan. Having just completed our first year in operation this July, Farm Club is just getting going and we are excited for the next steps. Our goal is to be in a state of constant improvement.
The hustle and commitment that our staff puts into Farm Club is a demonstration of what is possible when a community of people with a common goal come together and dream big.
Health insurance assistance for full time employees, flexible schedule, opportunities to cross train in other areas of the business, bonuses, paid overtime.
Full-time Pay: $17+ per hour
- Impeccable attendance, friendly, strong work ethic.
- One year of kitchen experience and Servsafe Certification are preferred, but we are willing to train.
- High standards of cleanliness, organization and presentation.
- Ability to adapt and have fun with the flow of fresh ingredients from the farm to the kitchen and curiosity for food sourcing.
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep fryers, or griddle.
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Clean, stock and restock workstations.
- Receipt and oversight of supply deliveries.
- Close the kitchen properly following checklists and direction.
- Perform other related duties as required.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline