Studio Manager GDS Cloth Goods
- Date Posted September 23, 2021
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Part-Time
We make reusable cloth goods designed for daily rituals. With 100% transparent sourcing and ethical manufacturing, the people whose hands make our products are just as important to us as the people who end up using them. When made and used intentionally, we believe that objects have the power to transform. Reusable and sustainable life goods remind us to slow down and reconnect – to ourselves, to nature, and to each other.
With social and environmental justice in mind, our dream is for GDS to be a positive force in the world that generates community and joy.Job description
This position touches nearly all areas of the business so we are looking for a responsible individual who wants to make a difference. The Studio Manager works directly with the owner of the company.
Why would you want to work with GDS?
GDS makes sustainable and reusable cloth goods designed for daily rituals with 100% transparent sourcing and ethical manufacturing. We are part of every step of manufacturing so our promise goes well beyond an organic fabric certification.
We’re big believers in community care that includes workers along entire supply chains. With social and environmental justice in mind, our dream is to be a positive force in the world. A big part of that is offering good jobs with paths to wealth creation to people and groups who have historically been underserved. GDS is woman-, Latinx-, and immigrant-owned. In working with us, you become part of our vision of creating the future we want to see.
What work needs to be done?
- Check product for quality
- Package coffee filters
- Ship online and wholesale orders
- Count inventory monthly
- Manage spreadsheets
- Communicate supply needs to owner
- Support in social media content and partnerships
- Editing blog posts such as interviews
- Composing email newsletters
Wholesale Account Management Support
- Manage wholesale accounts database
- Manage and update store locator app as needed
- Assist owner with event set up, break down, and sales
Keep in mind that we are not expecting the Studio Manager to have ALL of these skills and experience coming into the job. Training will be provided in many areas. When considering if this is the right job for you, ask yourself if you can see yourself being good at it and loving it.
Are you a good fit?
We're looking for a team member who:
- Wants to grow and wants to grow with us
- Has a strong work ethic
- Has strong attention to detail
- Can’t wait to soak up and learn new things
- Is fed up with systems that exploit the environment and workers
- Contributes to GDS’ diversity
- Loves working in small teams
Experience/knowledge in the following areas is a big plus:
- Specialty coffee
- Social and environmental justice movements and work
We strongly encourage people from under-represented groups to apply. We’re committed to nurturing a diverse and safe workplace.
Job details & Compensation
GDS is located in Oakland. This position starts at 3 days (22.5 hours) per week with the likelihood of becoming full-time within a year. Wage is $22.00 per hour.
Start date: as soon as possible!