Line Cook Grace Farms Foundation
- Date Posted September 24, 2021
- Location New Canaan, CT
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
It is a place for meaningful interaction where people of all ages, experiences and interests come to collaborate for good and pursue peace within Grace Farm’s 80 acres.
Sharon Prince, CEO and Founder, envisioned that intentionally-designed space could communicate a set of values and advance good in the world for years to come. Pritzker Prize-winning architects Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa, of the Japanese firm SANAA, embodied this vision into the design of the River building and barns, creating a site with social and spiritual potential.
The result is a hopeful environment where grace and peace take shape
Grace Farms Foundation aspires to advance good in the world, providing a peaceful respite and porous platform to experience nature, encounter the arts, pursue justice, foster community, and explore faith.
Grace Farms Foundation’s interdisciplinary humanitarian mission is to pursue peace through five initiatives — nature, arts, justice, community, and faith — and Grace Farms, a SANAA-designed site for convening people across sectors. Our stake in the ground is to end modern slavery and gender-based violence, and create more grace and peace in our local and global communities.
Grace Farms Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, contributions to which are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law.Job description
Grace Farms utilizes harvested fresh produce from our Community Garden to create healthy, delicious and original dishes. This position will report to the Director of Culinary Operations and is responsible for preparing all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. He/she is responsible for preparing food items on the main kitchen line including positions at the grill, flat top, oven, and pantry.
Located in New Canaan, Connecticut, our working environment includes a park like setting with glass volumes giving the visitors and employees a 360 degree view of where we inspire people to collaborate for good. We offer a full range of benefits including medical and dental, employer paid 80%, vision, AD&D, life insurance and short term disability,
MUST have reliable transportation as we are NOT near public transportation.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.
- Promotes a safe and clean kitchen and service environment by supporting Grace Farms sanitation and cleanliness standards.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- May work special catering events on site, as needed.
- Contribute to a team oriented culture of mutual respect and support for each other.
Experience and other qualifications include:
- Minimum High School Degree or equivalent. Culinary Degree Preferred, but will consider equivalent years of cooking experience.
- Minimum of 1+years cooking in a fast paced, efficient kitchen serving the public working off a daily menu
- The highest level of integrity defined as being incredibly ethical, professional, responsible, truthful, authentic, honest, and fair.
- Action-oriented, proactive work ethic; a desire and talent to forecast and solve problems
- Must be able to work overtime, as needed.
- This position will work on site in New Canaan. Must have flexible schedule, as well as the willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs, bend, climb stairs, and stand for an extended period of time.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Grace Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $18.00 - $19.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline