Media & Communications Assistant Apricot Lane Farms
- Date Posted September 24, 2021
- Location Moorpark, CA
- Category Agriculture / Media
- Job type Full-Time
Apricot Lane Farms is a 214-acre Organic and Biodynamic farm located 40 miles north of Los Angeles and 20 miles east of Ventura in Moorpark, CA. We are seeking a talented and experienced Media & Communications Assistant. The on-farm Media & Communications Assistant plays an integral role in Apricot Lane Farms Media & Communications Department, supporting the team in propelling the farm’s story into the world in a meaningful way. The ideal candidate is highly organized, naturally curious, and eager to learn, and well-versed in social media platforms.
- Schedule all posting on all social media channels—ALF & BLF accounts (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, TikTok)
- Support content creation and campaigns as needed under the guidance of Communications Manager and Communications Director for social media, email marketing, website content, customer communications and special projects
- Create and maintain organization of content database, editorial calendar, and metrics reports
- Runs community management of all social platforms, responding to comments, DMs, and performing daily outreach
- Performs general administrative duties to support the department, including materials and equipment orders, expense report coding, receipt wrangling, file organization, spreadsheet creation and organization, basic IT troubleshooting, and release tracking
- Maintain/organize farm photo library (under guidance of On-Farm Photographer) and social media asset library
- Assist farm photographer on photo shoots
- Field and coordinate archival media licensing inquiries & delivery for both ALF & BLF
- Handles website updates and changes as needed in WordPress and liaise with developer for everything outside of basic WordPress knowledge & duties
- Actively contribute creative content ideas by staying attuned to farm activities and knowledgeable of social media best practices
- Assist in the creation of marketing graphics using Canva and ideally InDesign & Photoshop, as well
- Interest and enthusiasm around the topics of regenerative farming, agroecology, biodiversity & food. If not already versed, a willingness to deep dive on those subjects.
- Fluency in social media platforms, tools, and analytics
- 2+ years managing social media business accounts
- Skilled proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Lightroom, Premiere, Photoshop, InDesign), WordPress, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Canva, and social media publishing tools
- A self-starter with a go-getter spirit - you’re not afraid to take initiative, jump in and get your hands dirty
- Highly organized, thorough, and incredibly detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities
- BS degree ideal
- Excellent Benefits Package (Medical, Dental and Vision), Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, 401K & 401K Matching, Employee Assistance Program, Employee discounts plus more...
Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline