Culinary Production Manager Provenance Meals
- Date Posted September 24, 2021
- Location Los Angeles, CA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Provenance Meals is a prepared meal delivery service operating in NY and LA. Our thoughtfully crafted meals are designed to help busy people look and feel their best through the power of food as medicine. We source the highest quality organic produce, grass-fed beef, pasture raised chicken and eggs, and sustainably sourced seafood to nourish mind, body, and spirit.
We are growing rapidly on both coasts and developing a product line for national shipping. We're looking for mission-driven people who are passionate about eating well, sourcing sustainably, and never sacrificing flavor for nutrition.Job description
This role is responsible for management of the Provenance Meals LA Culinary Team and ensuring the accurate execution of all food at Provenance Meals LA. The objective of the Provenance Meals Culinary Team is to provide our clients with the most healthy, delicious and nourishing experience possible. This position reports to the Culinary Director.
The Provenance Culinary Production Manager position is a crucial role in ensuring quality control and consistency with the production and execution of our recipes, as well as in demonstrating leadership and knowledge to kitchen team members. You will also be involved in managing and maintaining all operating systems (ie. production, plating, ordering, inventory, and maintenance of recipe database).
The execution of daily production is a key component of this position but there is also the expectation to provide clear communication, an eagerness to learn, to be creative, to be adaptable and possess the willingness of being seen as a role model of the Provenance company culture in and out of the kitchen.
- Maintain the company’s high standards of quality through quality control procedures
- Execute recipes, new menu items, allergy modifications, special events and any other production support as needed
- Provide training and guidance to kitchen staff on company systems, expectations and protocols
- Work side by side with cooks, chefs and fulfillment team to ensure the highest quality of food is created for our clients
- Create detailed production lists and ensure daily completion of tasks
- Maintain a clean kitchen following proper food handling and sanitation guidelines
- Conduct inventory of produce and meats and a weekly inventory of dry goods. Verify that all ingredients are in house ahead of production days and that they meet Provenance's quality standards.
- Notate and update recipes and procedures to ensure efficiency in planning and execution
- Provide updates and collaborate with team members across departments
- Continuously search for process improvements and ways to streamline efficiency
- Adhere to and maintain COGS budgets
- Maintain and develop relationships with team members and vendors to support and foster the Provenance company culture, which you will be empowered to contribute to and help define
Qualifications, Requirements and Skills:
- At least 3 years experience and high competency working in food preparation and management of a staff responsible for large scale production
- Demonstrated understanding of health-forward, “food as medicine” cooking practices
- A willingness to build and follow replicable systems
- Experience and ability in meeting deadlines in a changing environment
- Experience in menu preparation in a creative and financially responsible way
- Forecasting and operating within budget plans
- Ability to work within a team in a creative, compassionate and direct way
- Ability to take responsibility, inspire and be held accountable
- Flexibility and the conviction to make on the spot decisions
- Lead staff by delegating and empowering
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to listen, empathize, respond, and problem solve
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Experience working with a similar like-minded organization is preferred
- Willingness to develop educational programs that will heighten awareness of food sources, sustainable food producers, local food systems and practicing farm to fork principles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to maneuver on uneven ground, stand for long periods of time, often carry and lift up to 50 pounds, operate food preparation appliances and machinery, tolerate exposure to changes in temperature, and be able perform daily repetitive hand movements as it pertains to food preparation.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline