Lead Pastry Chef Guido's Fresh Marketplace
- Date Posted September 24, 2021
- Location Great Barrington, MA
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Full-Time
Guido’s Fresh Marketplace is excited to begin hiring for our newly expanded Great Barrington location. The renovation is currently in process, due to be completed in stages over late 2021/early 2022. We are now accepting applications for a Lead Pastry Chef.
In this salaried position, you will work with the owners to develop and guide the culinary baking vision of Guido’s. Our bakery will be brand new, and this position offers the unique opportunity to build a baking program from the ground up. This could be a dream opportunity for the right baker with creativity and vision who may be looking to get out of the grind of a hotel or restaurant gig.
Our staff is a diverse group of dedicated and creative food-lovers whose enthusiasm and knowledge make the store a true destination for the community and beyond. As an employer, Guido’s works hard to foster an inclusive atmosphere for all staff to contribute to the success of our stores. We offer competitive pay and benefits, and place a strong value on work/life balance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work together with the owners to envision and create a bakery program in the new expanded Great Barrington location.
- Oversee the day-to-day bakery operations and activities including, preparation, production, development, and execution of recipes.
- Manage baking staff in all aspects of operations including recruiting, training, performance evaluations, disciplinary procedures, coordinating weekly schedules, and payroll.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to Guido’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards. Ensure attractive presentation and quality of all baked goods
- Maintain operational control of purchasing, receiving, and inventory of all bakery items.
Key Skills Required
- Passion for bright, seasonal, and ingredients-driven food
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion
- Active ServSafe Management Food Safety Certificate
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects/priorities and deliver results in a demanding work environment
- Must be organized, able to multi-task, and easily adapt and respond to change
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline