Regional Partnership Manager Alameda County Community Food Bank
- Date Posted September 24, 2021
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Alameda County Community Food Bank has been at the forefront of hunger relief efforts for 35 years. Few nonprofits are as well-respected – or have a bigger impact on the community – than we do. Through a network of over 300 agency partners, we serve 1 in 5 county residents and will provide enough food for over 50 million meals this year. We’re forward thinkers who encourage innovation. We’re changing lives, we’re proud of our work, and we’re having fun doing it!
With our latest strategic plan, we are setting a bold trajectory for the long-term work required to dismantle the systems that perpetuate poverty, including racism. Our staff regularly engage in conversations about race, class, power and privilege as part of our organizational commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. Please learn more about our efforts at www.accfb.org.
Alameda County Community Food Bank honors our differences and is committed to creating a workplace that celebrates and reflects the diversity of our Community. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. ACCFB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACCFB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the ACCFB has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Job description
- Are you interested in using your program and project management acumen to make the difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Alameda County residents?
- Are you excited by the idea of spending your days helping local nonprofits maximize their impact?
- Do you strongly believe that no one in Alameda County should go to bed hungry?
If you said “yes!” to any of these questions, then please consider joining the Alameda County Community Food Bank’s mission of passionately pursuing a hunger-free community as our Regional Partnership Manager. ACCFB is in the midst of a very ambitious strategic plan focused on expanding our reach in the community — and we need your help!
The Regional Partnership Manager is responsible for leading a team of program coordinators to ensure distribution goals and program compliance standards are met within their specific region. Additionally, they are responsible for developing and implementing new initiatives, strengthening processes and logistics, and program evaluation. A critical component of this position is maintaining and deepening relationships with ACCFB’s partners, overseeing specialized distribution models as well as client experience across the network.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- 5-7 years’ experience in a social service field.
- Minimum 2 years of proven, successful program management experience from strategic development through implementation.
- Minimum 2 years of experience motivating, training, and supervising at least one direct report or volunteers.
- Experience building partnerships with community and faith-based organizations of various sizes.
- Strong customer service orientation; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Clear and effective communicator; excellent diplomacy skills; comfort navigating difficult conversations including giving and receiving feedback.
- Experience developing training curricula and materials, and facilitating trainings one-on-one and in groups.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and professional relationships.
- Proven experience with setting and driving timelines and deliverables for multiple concurrent projects, and building consensus in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, experience keeping accurate records on complex programs.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Comfort and experience regularly working with relational database management systems (MS Access, Microsoft NAV, CERES), including ability to perform queries, compile data and generate reports.
- Experience working with people from diverse ethnic, economic and religious backgrounds.
- Valid California Driver’s License and insurable driving record. (Personal vehicle not required.)
- Experience in a nonprofit environment with a variety of stakeholders and deeply rooted community values.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Cantonese.
- Knowledge of and experience with issues related to hunger and poverty.
- Experience with emergency food programs.
- Knowledgeable in food safety practices.
Personal Attributes and Values
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Alameda County Community Food Bank’s vision, mission and values of community, leadership, transparency, innovation and diversity.
- Commitment to human-centered social and racial justice work and a desire to make an impact in our community and beyond.
- Impeccable integrity and honesty.
- A sense of humor deftly combined with a can-do attitude.
- Innovative self-starter and problem solver; Flexibility with new and changing environments and situations.
- Strong work ethic with an orientation toward innovation and process improvement.
This work is located in both office environment and community settings. Physical activities necessary in the performance of this job include ability to: Sit for prolonged periods; move throughout the food bank in performance of duties; visit community settings; conduct site visits including walking, bending, stopping, and squatting; communicate in a clear speaking voice; interpret instructions; and use a computer.
Benefits and Compensation
This is a full-time, exempt position working Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (7.5 hour workday; 30 minute unpaid lunch). The non-negotiable starting salary for this position is $83,100 per year. We offer an outstanding benefit package including:
- Medical: ACCFB pays 100% for employees and 93% for dependents for our Kaiser HMO. Buy-up options to Blue Shield HMO or PPO plans are available.
- Dental: 100% employer-paid for employees and their dependents.
- Vision: Paid by employees.
- Paid time off starting at: 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 12 holidays, and four paid early closures annually.
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending and Commuter Accounts.
- Employer-paid life, AD&D & LTD insurance, as well as buy-up options for increased coverage.
- 403(b) plan available on the first day with employer match after one year. Fully vested at three years.
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and dependents.
- Free ongoing 1:1 financial coaching and access to an interest, service fee and credit requirement-free short-term loan program after six-months on staff.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline