Prep Cook Nice Day
- Date Posted September 24, 2021
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Who we are:
Chinese food, a whole new level.At Nice Day, we make cooked-to-order Chinese food with heart and soul. With quality ingredients, authentic American-Chinese techniques, and best-in-class customer service, our mission is to make every day a nice day for our team members, customers, and every neighborhood where Chinese food is loved. Job description
Prep Cooks earns up to $20/h
Do you think you have what it takes to be a part of the Nice Day Kitchen Family? Nice Day Kitchen is looking to fill a prep cook position. The prep cook will learn a wide range of culinary technique and skills in a professional, fast paced kitchen operating under the leadership of Chef Lucas Sin.
- $250 hiring bonus (Paid out after completing 90 days of employment without any call out.)
- PTO available for Full Time and Part Time
- Company provided uniform
- Meal benefits
- Competitive pay
- Quarterly performance reviews
- Benefit plan options for full-time team members
- Employee Referral Program
- Clear path for growth and career advancement
Prep Cook Job Responsibilities:
- Perform routine kitchen tasks.
- Follow the prep list created to plan duties.
- Follow established menu recipes
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing, breaking down and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, and other meal prep.
- Set up workstations and ingredients so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
- Undertake basic cooking duties, such as reducing sauces and parboiling food.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by keeping a clean, sanitized workstation.
- Ensure that all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
Prep Cook Qualifications / Skills:
- Team player: willing to work with a team to complete kitchen prep.
- Experience working in busy kitchens with an ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of health and safety rules maintaining a sanitary, food-safe workstation.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, able to lift up to 50lbs and continuously bend, reach and twist.
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience cooking fish, chicken and beef.
- Attention to detail; you ensure consistency by following all steps and techniques required.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline