Café Attendant Glenstone Museum
- Date Posted October 21, 2021
- Location Potomac, MD
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Founded with the mission to seamlessly integrate art, architecture, and landscape in a serene and contemplative environment, Glenstone is an art museum located on nearly 300 acres of rolling hills and unspoiled woodland in Potomac, Maryland. The museum, opened in 2006 and expanded in 2018, offers nearly 60,000 square feet of exhibition space to showcase its collection of more than 1,300 works by more than 200 contemporary artists. Glenstone welcomes the public four days a week and admission is always free.
Glenstone is proud to foster a professional environment in which people can do stimulating and fulfilling work. To work at Glenstone is to be a part of something bigger, something more meaningful, and something truly special. It is a chance to do a job to the highest standard, with the support required to assure excellence. It is an invitation to be engaged, challenged and stimulated, to help fulfill a powerful mission, and to contribute to a noble purpose.
We are incredibly proud of what Glenstone offers to those who create, appreciate, study, and otherwise participate in the world of art, architecture and landscape; and we are equally proud of what Glenstone offers to those who choose to join us in doing so.
- Be responsive to the Chef and Food & Beverage Manager to optimize customer service, resource management, safety, and sanitation.
- Work together with the Café team to service multiple on-site locations.
- Take orders from visitors and use point-of-sale software and hardware.
- Wash and maintain dishes, glasses, flatware, as well as work areas, coffee machines, table appointments, linens, and equipment.
- Keep track of inventory and place orders.
- Prepare venues for the next service.
- Enforce HACCP sanitation as well as allergen awareness guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- COVID-19 vaccination.
- Minimum of two years of full-time experience in a full-service café, bakery, coffee shop, or restaurant.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to work four days per week (Thursday through Sunday), ten-hour shifts, with start and end times between 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions.
- Maintain excellent personal hygiene.
- Able to lift to 50 lbs. and work on your feet for an entire shift.
- Reliable transportation to and from Potomac, MD.
- A valid driver’s license is needed for insurance purposes, as you will be driving our company golf carts
- Competency as a Barista.
- Allergen awareness and SERV Safe certification.
- Spanish language skills.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline