Lead Bartender Foxfire Mountain House +1 more
- Date Posted October 21, 2021
- Location Mount Tremper, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Bohemian and relaxed, Foxfire is like your globe-trotting uncle’s country estate. A place where modern travelers can lounge by the stone fireplace on sheepskin rugs or on vintage velvet and leather sofas. It’s about conversation, community, and the right ambiance to create perfect moments.
Whether it’s the collections of butterflies and antlers, old silver, or the Moroccan tiles, there’s a simple sophistication throughout. The 100-year-old inn has 11 guest rooms, each with white linen bedding on sunbleached wood beds crafted by a local carpenter to ensure a good night’s sleep.
Located in the Catskill mountains, Foxfire Mountain House is nestled on ten private acres with a pond and lily pool, bonfire pits, and a rustic outdoor pavilion for nights under the stars. Travel the byways and check out local shops and restaurants, or stay swaddled in the hammock for hours on end. It’s a place to call your own, however long you stay. You’re welcome here, always.Job description Foxfire Mountain House, located in Mt. Tremper, NY is one of the top inns of the Catskills and is currently seeking an experienced and passionate Lead Bartender to join our team. Foxfire is a leader in the ever-growing food scene in the Hudson Valley and Catskill Mountains. Passionate about food and beverage, ambitious, warm and engaging with guests…if that’s you, please get in touch with us! We’d love to hear more.
- Engage with guests and offer superior hospitality
- Prepare drinks in accordance with company recipes. Must have a strong working knowledge of cocktail recipes
- Prep & bartend in the Foxfire Bar Room November-April for our dinner service
- Prep & bartend for events May-October. Foxfire is known for its multi-day retreat style wedding events in the Catskills.
- Assist with creation of cocktails and development of the Foxfire Bar program
- Serving, bartending, running food, taking and entering orders into POS
- Strong bartending knowledge and experience an absolute must.
- End of night cleaning/closing of Bar Room/Event spaces
- Maintaining a clean and visually appealing work space at all times
- Check guests in and out of their rooms using our cloud-based hotel software
- Must be willing to utilize company Google Suite to ensure smooth communication between departments
- Monday - On
- Tuesday - Off
- Wednesday - Off
- Thursday - Negotiable
- Friday - On
- Saturday - On
- Sunday - On
- Subject to change periodically due to event schedule
- General Manager
- Dining & Beverage Manager
- $24/hour base hourly wage + tips
- Company Health Insurance with $350/month employer subsidy after 30 days
- 401(k) w/ 3.5% Company match after 1 year
- Paid Time Off
- Major Holidays Off - Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Christmas
Please reach out for immediate consideration. We are looking to bring someone onto our team as soon as we find the right fit and are looking forward to meeting you! This is an incredible opportunity to join a growing hospitality company with lots of room for advancement.
Please note that Foxfire Mountain House is proud to pay its entire staff a living wage and does not request tips, gratuities and service charges. Any cash tips left are dispersed evenly between hourly staff. Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline