sous chef Sofreh NYC LLC
- Date Posted November 01, 2021
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Sofreh is an intimate restaurant in Prospect Heights Brooklyn that brings a top-notch Persian fine dining experience to a cozy setting. This quaint and romantic joint created by Chef Nasim Alikhani redefines traditional Persian dishes and has received raved reviews in major publications.
Learn more about us:
selected among the best 13 restaurants in the US in 2018
Website and other articles
Sofreh Restaurant group is looking for dedicated individuals to join our growing culinary team. We are currently hiring for the following positions:
-Exec Sous chef
This is a great opportunity for a lead line cook ready to take the next step or a sous chef prepared to oversee a team of dedicated culinarians as our next exec sous chef.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to the below.
- Supervising activities of all back of house staff members including receiving, storing, prepping, and cooking
- Overseeing methods of preparation, portion sizes, and timeliness of food preparation; control food and usage to minimize waste
- Promoting teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with the rest of the restaurant
- Planning, assigning, and coordinating work for Line Cooks
- Supplying recipes for, and suggesting methods and procedures to Line Cooks
- Maintaining accurate and detailed production records
- Utilizing effective internal communications, including meetings with team members to ensure optimum team work and productivity
- Participating in preparing food items on the line for service
- Rewarding and disciplining employees in addition to addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Maintain a friendly, fast and accurate service (100% guest satisfaction at all times).
- Work either as the Expo Chef or as the Garde Manger, Grill, Oven or Sauté cook (including prep) depending on the weekly schedule
- Maintain an “A” health inspection rating at all times in collaboration with the General Manager
- Control / oversee inventory, manage goods and supplies ordering and food vendors, and ensure that the food cost budget is met.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- At least 2 to 3 years prior experience as a line cook, with experience in a fine dining operation.
- Familiar with all phases of food preparation technique.
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be able to maintain a neat, professional, well-groomed appearance and uphold company appearance/dress standards.
- Proven leadership skills to achieve goals while maintaining a high expectation of standards with regards to quality, presentation, and consistency.
- Ability to build a positive team around you and keep high employee morale among kitchen staff.
- Must have a passion for cooking and an active commitment to quality, safety, and sanitation practices. Y
- ou must be able to meet the physical demands of the position: Mobility and dexterity to move/lift large, heavy objects up to 45 lbs.; able to stand and walk for periods of up to 8 hours; able to work in a hot environment and/or close-quarters; manual dexterity to include using kitchen utensils and handling food items.
- Must be able to tolerate industry standard chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing and be able to withstand a hot and/or close environment.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, and to respond to visual and oral cues.
- Understanding local health and safety requirements; ability to ensure that Department of Health standards are upheld
- Growth potential and the chance to be part of growing dynamic restaurant group.
- Competitive wages, paid time off, health, dental and vision insurance, dining benefits, commuter benefits, staff meals.
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brooklyn, NY 11217: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Culinary experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- Cooking: 3 years (Preferred)
- we consider qualified applicants, female candidates are encouraged to apply
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline