Culinary Production Prep Cook Provenance Meals
- Date Posted October 23, 2021
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
If these questions are making you excited and your answers are a resounding YES, we'd love for you to submit an application to join our team.
Provenance (www.provenancemeals.com) is a fast-growing, luxury meal delivery service available exclusively in New York City. We offer 25+ choices on our menu each week for our clients to choose from including options for both omnivores and plant-lovers alike. Everything is gluten-free, dairy-free, with no refined sugar. Our mission is to help our clients feel and look their best from the inside out.
Yes, there will be times when it’s come down to the wire and our team must pull together to make it happen. But unlike the typical NYC restaurant setting, our Executive Chef prides themselves on fostering a positive environment while also maintaining order in our fast paced, high-volume production kitchen. We truly value the opinions of all our employees as stakeholders to growing our company and helping to continually improve our operations.
Plus no commuting to the city or late nights! This full-time position will work with our team based out of our commercial kitchen in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, with daytime hours. Must be available to work weekends.
• Our menu changes daily, so we are looking for someone who is organized, can multi task, and has a strong sense of urgency.
• Your job will involve vegetable, meat and fish prep, cooking, roasting, making dressings, soups, salads, and much more.
• You should have knowledge and/or interest around health-supportive diets and be passionate about serving food of the utmost quality.
• High volume production experience.
• Pastry experience a plus!
• Certificate, associate degree or similar in Culinary Arts preferred but not required
• 2+ years work experience in a busy kitchen setting
• Ability to read and follow standardized recipes and operational processes
• Well-versed and knowledgeable of proper food handling procedures; Food Handlers License preferred
• Solid interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail, organized, and ability to multitask while completing time sensitive projects
• Self-motivated and sets high personal standards with the ability to work as part of a team but also able to work independently
• Competitive pay based on experience
• Health insurance
• Test and take home samples of our prepared meals
• Perks from our partners
• Staff events Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline