Customer Service Lead (e-comm.) Wulf's Fish
- Date Posted October 23, 2021
- Location Boston, MA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Wulf's Fish is a boutique seafood company serving top restaurants and passionate home cooks in Boston, New York City, and across the country. We source only the best seafood, handle it meticulously, and cut fish by hand with an old school attention to detail and service. Our work has been recognized in The New York Times, The Boston Globe, Boston.com, Eating Well, Boston Magazine, EATER Boston, Milk Street, The Spruce Eats, and WGBH TV.
The current company grew out of a beloved neighborhood fish market in Brookline that sold to a loyal clientele for 90 years, starting in 1926. In 2016, we closed the store and shifted our focus to the restaurant kitchen. Our chef customers are just as obsessed with quality as we are, and they range from multi-Michelin starred chefs working every day to maintain and exceed their own high standards, to up-and-coming independent chef-operators striving to make their mark on the world. In spring 2020, we launched an online store and home delivery service, selling to home cooks the same top-quality products usually reserved for chefs.Job description
Wulf’s Fish is seeking a customer service lead for our e-commerce division. This is a great opportunity to be part of a young division with a small team and a strong growth plan. At Wulf’s, we carefully select and butcher by hand the fish we sell, and we’re committed to offering the highest quality available. We’re a hands-on company doing much more than buying and selling products we never touch, and we’re very serious about food and cooking here!
The customer service lead will work in coordination with the e-commerce production and marketing teams to answer incoming customer questions, troubleshoot order and shipping issues, and chat with home cooks about the products we sell and the best way to handle and prepare their seafood.
Customer support is a critical part of the Wulf’s brand, and we pride ourselves on offering attentive and informed assistance to our home cook e-commerce customers. The customer service lead will also bring insights from their customer interactions to help shape messaging, develop new products, and improve systems throughout the division.
The ideal candidate will have a keen attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines. They must also bring their culinary knowledge and be excited to talk about food and cooking. They will bring their enthusiasm and creativity every day to help build the Wulf’s Fish brand in Boston and beyond.
- Answer incoming customer questions by chat, phone and email and stay engaged with the customer until the issue is resolved.
- Engage with customer questions and issues via Facebook, Instagram and Trustpilot reviews.
- Troubleshoot order and delivery issues until they are resolved.
- Participate in bi-weekly meetings to discuss new products and promotions.
- Work with the production team to have order paperwork prepared for shipment.
- Communicate with the marketing team on user experience issues on the website and in promotions.
- Attend occasional live events with the public to promote Wulf’s Fish.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, with a thick skin and a great sense of humor.
- Must be self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Must be a detail-oriented and customer-focused multi-tasker.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely over the phone and through live chat and email.
- Customer focused: proactively seek and find ways to provide the highest standards of service. Repeat customers and word of mouth marketing are key to the success of the division.
- Knowledge of seafood and cooking is strongly desired. Our culinary knowledge and engagement are part of what sets Wulf’s apart. We love to talk about fish and cooking, and so do our customers.
- Previous knowledge of, or willingness to learn, Shopify and Skuvault.
- This is a full-time position
- Will work from our office in Boston’s Seaport District. This is not a remote position.
- Paid time off, medical and dental benefits
- Company Sponsored 401K with match
- Work schedule is Monday – Friday, 9 am- 5 pm
this position is : salaried, 35k-50k