Donor Relations Manager 18 Reasons
- Date Posted December 03, 2021
- Location San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Category Education / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
This role is an opportunity for an experienced development professional to take your skills to the next level while supporting a dynamic community institution entering our 14th year of growth. The Donor Relations Manager is a strategic and solutions-oriented person responsible for delivering engagement and fundraising strategies to enhance and grow revenue and current and prospective donors. The Donor Relations manager will design and deliver an integrated donor relations program, manage and help maintain organization databases, and assist with reporting, events, and donor stewardship efforts (acknowledgements, printed material inventory, prep materials for donor and board meetings). Your data and analytics skills will also help drive marketing strategies throughout the organization. You are passionate about food, learning, community, and equity. A career at 18 Reasons is an opportunity to learn new skills and play a valuable role in serving the community. We take special care to create a working team of positive, flexible, and driven people who are committed to caring for the community.
The person in this role is responsible for cultivating and growing our donor base to support the growth of 18 Reasons’ programs and championing our core values of Food, Heart, Learning, Liberation, and Moxie. You will report to the Director of Development & Communications. This is an opportunity for a driven, dedicated, and ambitious professional to help build the capacity of the Development & Communications Department.
As our Donor Relations Manager you do not need to be an expert in all areas of development before you start, but you must be organized, motivated, and eager to learn. You are meant for this role if you are a lifelong learner with a passion for relationships and organizational systems.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who has a talent for organization, a love of building relationships, and who is whole-heartedly enthusiastic about growing with our business.
Solicitation, Individual Giving, & Stewardship
- In close collaboration with the Director of Development and Communications, design, document, and implement a systematic and integrated donor relations program
- Work with portfolio of individual donors at all giving levels
- Establish and manage all donor acknowledgement, recognition, on-going communications with and continued cultivation of past and current donors to enhance their relationship with 18 Reasons and increase the likelihood of continued contributions
- Collaborate with Director of Development and Communications and Communications Manager to plan and execute donor appeal campaigns
- Partnering with Communications Manager, increase data-driven marketing and communications through market research and tracking network engagement and growth.
- Initiate and manage peer to peer and/or crowdfunding campaigns
- Conduct outreach to individual donors
- Manage and grow affinity groups (monthly donors, members, major donors, etc)
Data Management and Reporting
- Keep organization databases synced, clean, and up to date
- Design (in collaboration with Director) and produce weekly fundraising reports for the leadership and development teams
- Support Executive Director and Communications Manager with data analysis and outputs for grant applications and reporting, and other communications needs
- Maintain donor records, ensuring accuracy
- Send donor acknowledgements and tax compliance
- In partnership with the 18th Street Kitchen team, plan and execute monthly events for donors and members
- Work with board of directors to plan and execute private fundraising events
- Assist with planning and execution of two annual large-scale fundraising events
- 3+ years experience in the nonprofit development field
- 2+ years experience with data manipulation and output
- Prior experience in database management as well as knowledge of CRM database required; Network for Good experience preferred
- Experience with donor cultivation and fundraising
- Experience with, or desire to learn, peer to peer and crowdfunding solicitation
- Mid-level (or above) Excel and/or Google Sheets proficiency required, including ability to present data graphically
- Ability to quickly learn and master new technology and software programs, as needed.
- Candidates must be located in or willing to relocate to the Bay Area; we work out of our office aat 3674 18th Street, San Francisco, CA 94110 once a week and work remotely four days a week
- Occasional night and weekend work required
- Passionate about our core values of Food, Heart, Learning, Liberation, and Moxie
- Excellent organizational skills, proven ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that are effective with a diverse range of audiences including students and ticket buyers, members, staff, board members, donors, potential funding partners and all constituencies. High level and sophisticated English grammar required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Passionate about our culture of professional development, accountability, continuous and open feedback, and celebrating diversity
- Willingness to learn on the job and grow with our organization, including working to identify opportunities for innovation
General office duties include: computer work; filing; typing; phone communication; copying; and participating in meetings with donors, funders, and other stakeholders. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable any qualified person to perform essential job duties.
Classification & Compensation
- This is a full-time, salaried position that pays $60,000-$70,000 DOE
- Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance; 3% IRA matching; 12 holidays; 20 days of PTO; and a 20% discount at Bi-Rite Market locations
Reports toThis position is supervised by the Director of Development & Communications Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions