Lead Butcher and Operations Manager NW Washington +3 more
- Date Posted December 03, 2021
- Location Bellingham, WA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
Our organization is a farmer-owned, meat processing cooperative located in the North Puget Sound region of Northwest Washington State. Our mission is to provide high quality USDA inspected processing services with our Mobile Processing Unit for both on and off farm slaughter - with a variety of wrap options and value-added services. We operate a retail farm store in Bellingham and a wholesale, branded meat program that provides sales opportunities for our members and customers. Our new processing facility is currently under renovation, in order to offer expanded scheduling opportunities, value added services and customizable options for our members.Job description
Starting Wage - $80,000 - $90,000 DOE
Hours - Full time
Benefits - Bonuses awarded for high level margin and quota performance
Degree - High School Diploma or equivalent. A CDL is preferred. Organization will pay for training with contract
As part of this new phase of development, we are looking for a skilled and motivated Lead Butcher and General Operations Manager. The right candidate will manage most aspects of the organization, alongside the Board of Directors. Job duties will include:
- Management of livestock aggregation and processing - including site and facility setup, knocking, cutting and wrapping to spec.
- Ability to stun, bleed and break carcasses
- Model and maintain safe food handling techniques, from processing to packaging, storage, loading and distribution - of self and all facility staff.
- Staff oversight - including scheduling, training, performance evaluation and hiring in collaboration with the board of directors.
- Staff coaching, satisfaction and retention - helping to cultivate and maintain a safe, friendly, professional and communicative work environment for staff, members, leadership, customers and community stakeholders.
- Adhere to all state and local health code requirements - including attentive management of all record-keeping for food safety, financial and inventory management.
- Develop and maintain strategies for expected margin and profit oversight.
- Adhere to company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Model and provide excellent, professional customer service to members and customers.
- Compile both monthly and quarterly reports for review by the Board of Directors
- Assisting the BOD in projecting, and then adhering to budgets and projections.
- Work with the BOD and members to continue to grow and improve as an organization and a business. Helping to recognize, develop and implement growth strategies
- High school diploma required, CDL preferred
- Journey level meat cutter; extensive experience in all aspects of retail meat operations including product knowledge, ordering, processing, merchandising and sanitation.
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to manage self and others’ time effectively
- Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, and inventorying procedures; ability to apply this knowledge to meet set standards of performance
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills
- Creative, systems-thinking approach to problem solving and change
- Excellent leadership, teambuilding, problem solving and communication skills
- Skilled in coaching and accountability
- Computer knowledge and skills including Microsoft Office products and file management
- Valid Driver's License, and the ability to get to separate facility locations as needed.
- Must be able to meet physical demands of position including standing, bending, twisting, repetitive motion and lifting up to 50 LBS
- Proven ability to provide excellent, professional customer service
- Collaborate and communicate respectfully and effectively
- Demonstrate respect for the animals and their owners at all times - even if during stressful situations
- Focus on providing a safe, high quality product at every stage of production
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline