Produce Driver Riverwards Produce +4 more
- Date Posted January 10, 2022
- Location Philadelphia, PA
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
Riverwards Produce is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Job description
OVERVIEW: Riverwards Produce is a produce-focused market in Philadelphia
The Produce Driver position at Riverwards Produce is primarily responsible for the transport of produce/floral orders from our vendors at the terminal, auction and farms to the market and other locations as needed. They work closely with the Produce Buyer to coordinate the timely transport of produce and any logistics around picking up orders. The Produce Driver has a clean driving record and great communication skills. They receive and process incoming produce, organize produce back stock, and perform regularly scheduled cleanings within the department as needed.
Reports to: Produce Manager
- Drive store vehicles to obtain floral and produce orders
- Unloads deliveries upon their return
- Performs floor duties including receiving, restocking, and cleaning
- Participates in Produce department communications and updates
- Responsible for maintaining clean vehicles for transport of goods
- When primary responsibilities are completed for the day, Produce Drivers help out with daily market operations. They fill in where they see a need or are requested to help, including the downtime responsibilities of the cashier role and beyond.
- Experience receiving, processing, and merchandising produce in a retail setting
- A desire to greet and engage vendors and foster relationships with regulars
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs and spend 8+ hours standing and walking up and down stairs
- Passion for the principles of sustainable food and farming
- Flexibility in scheduling, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Maintains an active drivers’ license with a clean driving record
- A diligent approach to safety and sanitation. ServSafe (or analogous) certification a plus
- A team player with a willingness to jump in and help with all tasks
- Ability to roll with the punches of a rapidly growing start-up business
COMPENSATION: This position is full-time. Compensation is dependent upon experience, and starts at $16/hr.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline