Produce Director Green Zebra Grocery +1 more
- Date Posted January 10, 2022
- Location Portland, OR
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
Want to work with us? We strongly encourage BIPOC, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, non-binary folx and individuals with differing abilities to apply.
We believe that through diversity, equity and inclusion comes true excellence. We’re always on the lookout for diverse, hard-working, super friendly Team Members who care about making someones day better.
At Green Zebra our work philosophy is known as “Servant Leadership.”
Servant leadership means that we are always in service to our customers and to each other. Not only does it feel good to put others first, but we’ve found that if we all strive to do the best for others, we also do well for ourselves.
1. We are in service to each other, our customers, and our community.
2. We serve healthy, delicious, and safe food.
3. We are stewards of our finances and resources.
4. We champion change and growth.
5. We use our best judgment to do what’s right.
6. We have a quick step and we work quickly, efficiently, and safely.
7. We share information transparently and practice open-book financials.
8. We assume best intentions and are solution oriented.
9. We encourage respectful discussion and debate.
10. We maintain a harassment-free, diverse workplace.
11. We seek first to understand, and we practice active listening.
12. We keep it real and HAVE FUN!!!
*We require all Team Members to be vaccinated against Covid-19. Contact us for more information* Job description
The Produce Director develops and nurtures strong relationships with vendors, farmers and growers.
Oversees all strategic planning and growth of the produce department, including coordination of produce seasonality and availability with local farmers.
Provides insight to guide Produce Department design for new stores and remodels.
Recruits, hires, develops and mentors staff towards collaboration, conflict resolution, providing outstanding service, workplace and food safety and cleanliness as part of staff development and succession planning. Actively trains and guides staff with category management, merchandising, margin and sales goals.
Builds relationships with customers, community, vendors and stakeholders as a member of Green Zebra Grocery.
We strongly encourage BIPOC, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, non-binary folx and individuals with differing abilities to apply.Compensation this position is : salaried, 35,568* - 50k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineFebruary 12, 2022