Associate or Lead Teacher Brooklyn Schoolhouse
- Date Posted January 11, 2022
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Education
- Job type Full-Time
Brooklyn Schoolhouse seeks warm, patient, and collaborative professionals to join our team!
We are currently accepting applications for Substitutes, Associate Teachers, Co-Lead, and Lead Teachers.
At Brooklyn Schoolhouse, teachers are responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing intentional, developmentally appropriate, and play-based learning experiences that nurture a child’s growth and development. Teachers should always strive to create an environment that is safe, stimulates curiosity, invites socialization, and supports playful learning experiences. Pedagogical collaboration amongst the Brooklyn Schoolhouse teachers leads to meaningful documentation of each child’s growth and learning process.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching all assigned classes and monitoring the safety and well-being of all children
- Designing a safe, clean, and beautiful environment that promotes learning and curiosity
- Maintaining a friendly and cooperative relationship with all children, families, and staff
- Collaborating to construct and implement emergent curriculum and developmentally appropriate and relevant learning goals and experiences for each age group of children
- Observing and documenting each child’s interests, experiences, learning, and social-emotional growth
- Effectively and openly communicating with families, including curriculum nights, family-teacher conferences, and regularly published class blogs
- Cultivating the school’s garden, tending to all plants, and caring for the school’s pets
- Embracing feedback, coaching, and mentorship by committing to self-growth and improvement
- Participating actively in all staff meetings and professional development
- The ideal candidate will have experience teaching young children in a progressive setting
- BA required; MA preferred, but not required
- Co-Lead or Lead Teacher: New York State Teaching certification required