Operations Manager Farm To People LLC
- Date Posted January 14, 2022
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Full-Time
Farm To People is a fast-growing online farmers market grocery delivery business specializing in sustainably-sourced, local, superior produce and artisan produced foods. Our customers can subscribe to a series of curated Farm Boxes or choose to shop à la carte. We deliver 6 days per week and are rapidly expanding in the NYC market, helping folks get to know their farmers and their food.
We offer a suite of benefits, including subsidized healthcare, paid time off, discounts, and unique opportunities to support you in your life and career. We believe investing in you is investing in our success.Job description
The Operations Manager is responsible for overall operations and facility management. This role must: control costs in alignment with the company’s overall business growth goals; create and implement best practices; effectively lead and mentor teams; and foster collaborative spirit and a positive work environment.
Extensive experience in managing grocery distribution warehouses and cost control is critical to this role, in order to recognize inefficiencies, and manage corrective actions.
Having an entrepreneurial spirit that understands the needs of a young, growing company is important to the success of this role, as is managing change effectively within a multiple team setting.
The Farm to People Operations Manager is a leadership role that is heavily based in mentoring employees, as well as communicating and coordinating with all company departments.
This role is also an ambassador of our mission: to feed the best food to our community.Position Requirements
- 10+ years of demonstrated expertise in a warehouse distribution grocery environment
- 5+ years experience with ERP systems or similar
- Proficiency with computers, Mac or PC, and with Google Workplace (formerly G Suite) or Microsoft Office
- Excellent intermediate to advanced spreadsheet skills
- Background in managing finance for food operations: P&L, budgeting, labor rates
- Excellent people management & team leading through radical transparency and accountability, and experienced in managerial and staff training
- Experience with the standards and expectations of various regulatory bodies, including: the NY Department of Agriculture & Markets, the FDA, and OSHA
- Understanding of local and sustainable farming, and in depth knowledge of Produce food wholesale and distribution channels in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic regions
- Demonstrated management of quality control, rapid inventory turn-over, and supply issues in the fresh food industry
- Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role, you should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly
- Excellent time management, planning and organizing skills and has the ability to multitask and handle multiple demands
- Uses excellent English as the business language within the company and exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to complete duties without supervision
- Passion for local farming and feeding people
- Strong innovative entrepreneurial talents
- Flair for negotiating, persuading and networking
- High level of process improvement, inquisitiveness, and willingness to drive business forward
- Ability to work well independently, but also be part of a larger team
- Possess a clear standard of personal integrity, business ethics, and values
- Professional and respectful character with both internal and external partners
- HACCP training, a plus
- You must have a high tolerance for a loud and lively work environment and a passion for innovation. We are a startup, and we love what we do!