Communications Facilitator Community Grains
- Date Posted January 17, 2022
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
Community Grains is an ambitious company based in Oakland, CA, offering a variety of true whole grain products. We’re creating a vibrant alternative grain economy built on our shared core values of honesty, good farming and true whole grain--breaking from convention to create a production cycle that favors flavor, nutrition, fairness, responsibility to the earth and future generations over mass production. We're dedicated to a fully transparent food systems, offering a variety of organic whole grain flours, dried pastas, bread and polenta. All of our grains and products are 100% whole grain and our Identity Preserved line is sourced directly from amazing local farmers in Northern California. At the core of Community Grains is a deep commitment to good food, information, curiosity, and original thinking. At the core of Community Grains is a deep commitment to good food, information, curiosity, and original thinking.Job description
What You’ll Do:
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- You’d begin by learning about this wonderful, complex grain system.
- Help create effective marketing strategies using Community Grains’ extensive assets of video, print. Work with farmers, journalists, scientists and bakers to tell our story.
- Help integrate/manage marketing efforts: emails, paid digital campaigns, social media, sales material, and sales outlets.
- Help communicate our story to our customers: distributors, food service (from restaurants to Google) and retail partners.
- Help create effective inner office communication and work flow systems
The right candidate will be:
- Passionate about sustainable and regional food systems
- Resourceful, wise, enterprising, tenacious
- Great writing and editing skills
- Highly organized and meticulous about details
- Willing to be hands on and also willing to be flexible
- Calm in challenging situations, can-do attitude
Plusses would be:
- Basic design skills
- Fun and interesting
- Baking or food background
Can work remotely part time.
Pay: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
Job Types: Full-time, Part-timeCompensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions