Line Cook / Prep Cook Brownsville Butcher & Pantry +1 more
- Date Posted January 17, 2022
- Location West Windsor, VT
- Category Education / Production
- Job type Full-Time
At the heart of the store is our whole animal meat counter focusing on the preservation of meat through curing and smoking. Additionally, the market receives seafood native to New England waters, twice per week. The marketplace also offers a thoughtful selection of natural wine and craft beer. Seasonal produce, local dairy and artisan cheese further connect the marketplace to the region. A plentiful stock of groceries from daily necessity to epicurean novelties are a prominent area of growth and interest for residents and visitors.
The need for product utilization and to meet the growing demand for "Ready-to-Eat" food is represented best through our cafe, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our mission is to feed our community in the most sustainable and wholesome fashion.
Through the community of local farms, craftsmen and collaborators, the marketplace is pushed toward a goal of supporting constant engagement in central Vermont. We greatly value our employees contributions and feedback allowing the business to be molded into a forum of progressive concepts. Job description The Brownsville Butcher & Pantry is seeking a full time line cook. Our team prides itself on from-scratch cooking, locally sourced ingredients, and a productive, healthy work environment.
- Create consistent, quality meals for customers on the line in a timely manner
- Assist in preparation and breakdown of ingredients in a team setting
- Actively participate in general kitchen sanitation, cleanliness, and organization.
- Efficient and safe knife skills
- Time management
- Ability to produce consistent and quality results
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
Opportunities to learn and grow with our business are available, and we are delighted to encourage the interests of our team. Some of these include:
- Whole animal butcher shop - from carcass to chops, and everything in between
- Curing & smoking meat - fermentation projects, aging, and more.
- $17.00 Per House + Tips
- Opportunity for paid education resources
- Bonus structure for all employees after 3 months who have exceeded their evaluation standards.
Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions