Marketing & Product Management Lead Farm on Central
- Date Posted January 17, 2022
- Location Carlisle, OH
- Category Agriculture / Media
- Job type Part-Time
The Farm on Central is an 8-acre startup urban farm located in Southwest Ohio. We produce vegetables, flowers, mushrooms, fruits, horticulture greenhouse products, and value-added products. We have a heavy emphasis on community with lots of farm activities and events including our annual sunflower field. The Farm on Central is also an educational center and trial farm with its sister company Growing Farmers being located onsite.
The farm grows for our year-round on-farm retail store located on a 12,000 car a day road, Veggie Box Membership, home delivery service through Marketwagon, and wholesale to Grocery stores. The farm is GAP certified with organic certification coming spring 2022.
We believe that farming can be regenerative and profitable, that setting up your team for success with the right tools, systems, and processes will pay off in great efficiency, worker morale, and true sustainability. We believe that our people are our most important asset and are a part of our farm community.Job description
This role is a part-time position that is responsible for communicating our vision of feeding our community through our farm and multiple product lines. Understanding regenerative agriculture, digital marketing, and product management are important. This position is located at our Carlisle, OH location with up to 75% able to be done remotely.
The Marketing and Product Management Lead is responsible for much of implementing the overarching marketing plan, sharing our products and vision on various media channels, and communicating with customers. For the right person, this job may grow into a CMO role with the farm. The responsibilities for this role would include but is not limited to:
- Help craft and share the Farm on Central Experience with existing and potential customers.
- Managing the farm promotional calendar and brainstorming with the farm team on what to promote when
- Taking photos and videos of daily farm life and product promotion images.
- Writing weekly farm e-newsletters
- Facebook, Instagram, and other media channel posts
- Tracking marketing metrics and reporting to farm team at weekly meeting
- Writing product descriptions and updating online sales channels with updated products
- Some communication with our wholesale partners on new products as well as various promotions
- Ability to interface and work with our retail store to understand our avatar
- Continued outreach for new vendors and product lines
- Brainstorming, coordinating, and managing on-farm events
- Outreach to possible collaborators and local influencers
- Communication feedback and ideas to the farm team
- Additional areas of responsibility/ hours are possibly available depending on background/experience.
Qualifications and Qualities
- 2-3 years of marketing experience with a focus on direct marketing/ product development.
- Understanding of digital marketing concepts and familiarity with editing and marketing programs.
- Able to work within a dynamic, fluid, fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and creative
- Long term commitment to the farm
- Able to pass a background check, as this role involves interacting with vulnerable populations
- Passion and interest in working/learning about small-scale, low-input, sustainable vegetable, flower, and herb production
- Self-starter, self-disciplined, goal orientated
- Comfortable working in a high profile environment with regular filming being done for educational purposes
- Ability to set own appropriate schedule, work effectively with minimal supervision
- Comfortable with kids and a family working environment
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Have transportation and be punctual
- Energetic nature and willing to have fun
- Attention to detail, and record-keeping
- Outstanding communication (oral and written) skills; share and accept feedback in a team environment
- Providing exceptional customer service and assisting customers when needed.
- $16-22/hour remuneration package based on experience for 15-25 hr/week average (seasonal variability)
- Farm profit-share and performance bonuses
- Free Access to farm-grade/seconds
- 15% Discount on all items at the farmstand
- Working at a one of a kind, cutting edge, and innovative farm and learning from the best
Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions