Production Cook Three Stone Hearth, LLC +3 more
- Date Posted January 18, 2022
- Location Berkeley, CA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
About Three Stone Hearth
Three Stone Hearth was founded in 2006 and is a Berkeley-based worker-owner cooperative that produces, packages and sells a weekly menu of healthy, nutrient-dense, home-style prepared foods for sale online (for pick-up or delivery) and in our Brick & Mortar store.
Working at Three Stone Hearth is a great opportunity for engagement in meaningful work, skill development and personal growth. It is a demanding environment, and a rewarding one. Our goal is to build a successful, sustainable business, and cultivate a thriving community within our walls.
About the Workplace
We are committed to creating a self-directed and self-managing workplace, which is always evolving. In 2013, we adopted Holacracy as our "operating system" as a governance structure for organizing our work, which is designed to decentralize authority, raise transparency and encourage full participation. We're looking for people who are excited by this opportunity to participate in a progressive workplace, personal and professional development and a potential path to worker-ownership.Job description
Production Cook Position Overview
Three Stone Hearth is seeking an experienced full-time or part-time experienced Production Cook. The Production Cook is accountable for preparing raw ingredients, keeping a clean work space, practicing and maintaining food safety standards, keeping a good work pace, tracking ingredients for mise en place, executing recipes or tasks as requested, jarring and labeling products, keeping a clean work space, and overall kitchen clean-up.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Minimum one-year experience working in a commercial kitchen or equivalent.
- Food Handlers or Safe Serve Certification, upon hire.
- Professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Experience working with whole, organic fruits and vegetables, sprouted grains, raw and cultured dairy, and pasture-raised meats, preferred not required.
- Familiarity with principles of food sustainability, including principles of Weston A. Price Foundation, preferred, not required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly organized; capacity to multitask, set priorities, and respond quickly to changing needs.
- Co-operative experience is a plus!
- High level of professionalism.
- Upbeat, flexible, team player, with good communication and relationship-building skills.
- Attendance and punctuality is required.
- Ability to be patient in a diverse environment with co-workers of varying skills levels.
- Familiarity with Holacracy is appreciated but not required.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
Typical schedule is 5 days per week including weekends. A typical shift is 7AM – 3:30. Position could be part-time, 3 days/week; must be able to work a weekend day.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (for staff working 30+ hours/week)
- Life, Long Term Disability and AD&D insurance (for staff working 20+ hours/week)
- Nutrient-dense staff lunch
- Employee discounts on our housemade and retail products
- Clipper Card Direct
$18.00 - 20.00 per hour, depending on experience plus benefits noted above.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions