Executive Sous Chef Lobster Place
- Date Posted January 19, 2022
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Located in the heart of Chelsea Market, Lobster Place is a unique operation comprised of the Michelin-Acclaimed Cull and Pistol Oyster Bar; a one-of-a kind seafood hall; and one of the most heralded seafood markets in NYC. An original tenant of Chelsea Market, Lobster Place has built a world-wide reputation for delivering exquisite-quality seafood and dining experiences that has made it the most popular destination in the Market.Job description Lobster Place is seeking an enthusiastic, action oriented, Executive Sous Chef to lead the day to day back of house operations in Cull & Pistol Oyster Bar and Lobster Place Seafood Hall including the “Galley” and Raw Bar.
Our Executive Sous Chef will execute the vision of the Culinary Director and Executive Chef, actively collaborating with them to build a cohesive food and service team. The Executive Sous Chef is a model and motivator for our LP6 core values of Professionalism, Quality, Dedication, Friendliness, Respect, and Stewardship. Our dynamic, diverse, and friendly management team enjoys industry-leading pay and benefits, an exceptional work-life balance, and genuine opportunities for a thriving career.
Lobster Place is the most visited location in the renowned Chelsea Market, and our unique operation will build your skills in full service, quick service, and retail formats. This an outstanding opportunity to join an exceptional team of professionals who care about each other, our customers, and our business.
• Assist Executive Chef with overall kitchen operations for foodservice including prep kitchen, lobster section, LP raw bar, C&P, and C&P Galley, ensuring food is high quality
• Delivers consistent execution of food and timely flow of service by directing team and effectively expediting service
• Supervises Sous Chefs and cooks to assure they are prepared for service by enforcing concepts of mise en place, prioritized prep lists, daily pars, and proper maintenance and functionality of BOH equipment
• Assists Culinary Director and Executive Chef in developing new menu concept, developing, tasting, and costing
• Provide feedback and guidance with excellence and hospitality in mind, ensuring all team members have a pathway for growth and development
• Collaborate with HR team to optimize staff life cycle including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and offboarding
• Fosters a positive, collaborative work environment for both service and kitchen teams, always ensuring clear communication
• Ensures sanitation standards as set forth by Lobster Place, NYC Department of Health, state, and federal regulations as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen
• 3-5+ years of progressive work experience as a culinary leader in a high-volume dining establishment or similar environment
• Strong knowledge of food preparation methods and culinary terminology, understanding of all line level cooking stations
• Demonstrates a strong ability to lead a diverse group of individuals to work cohesively as a team
• Clear, strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to create delicious menu items that are in-line with a specific culinary concept
• Proficient in restaurant finances and recordkeeping (P&L/budget/food & lobster costs)
• Proficient in Restaurant Operating Systems, i.e., Toast, payroll, timekeeping/scheduling platforms
• Focused on delivering exceptional customer service
• Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding local health and safety requirements; ability to ensure Department of Health standards are adhered to
• Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays
Pay & Benefits:
• Salary range $75k-$85k commensurate with experience
• Generous comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance benefits.
• 401k plan w/ company match
• Company-Paid life insurance
• 4 weeks of Paid Time off
• Work-Life Harmony:
Two consecutive days off, to disconnect and refuel with family & friends o Lobster Place operates from 11AM-9PM daily! Out the door by 11PM, enjoy a better quality of life :)
• Employee Discounts
• Commuter benefits
• Career Advancement
• Employee Assistance Program to help promote well-being and enhance quality of life for you and your family
*Please note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. This position may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the restaurant.
The Lobster Place is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is determined based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. Compensation this position is : salaried, 75k-100k Application instructions