Cheesemonger The Epicurean Trader
- Date Posted January 20, 2022
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Agriculture / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
food stores. The Epicurean Trader is seeking a passionate Cheesemonger to join their Ferry Building location.
The Epicurean Trader is dedicated entirely to craft products: farmstead cheeses and charcuterie;
small batch chocolates, craft spirits; organic and sustainable wines; coffees, teas and pantry
items. We hand select artisan products from across America for their dedication to the craft,
their incredible flavors and fusions, natural ingredients and beautiful packaging. Our goal is to
be a brand ambassador for these smaller brands, sharing their unique stories, and bringing
many of them to San Francisco for the first time.
~ Cutting, wrapping and merchandising our artisanal cheese department.
~ Preparing cheese and charcuterie platters in a professional and beautiful manner
~Packing out bulk items for retail sale
~Assisting the team with and Managers with general store duties, like putting deliveries away, ringing customers up, and completing projects
~ Providing excellent and friendly customer service
~ Experience in cheese shop is preferred but not required
~ Applicants must have a valid California Food Handler’s Card or obtain one upon hire
~ Full-time = Five, 8-hour shifts per week including weekends. We aim to give our staff a set schedule!
Please indicate scheduling constraints, if any, with your application
$18 p/hr plus tips, shift meal, and a generous employee discount on all products sold in-store (craft liquor,
beer and wine included). Lots of room for advancement within our growing company!
- Passion for food and customer service
- Excellent customer service and supervisory skills
- Strong understanding of overall store retail operations
- Self-starter with strong leadership skills
- Excellent in-person and digital communication skills
- Good organizational skills with paper, products, and space
- Time management, multi-tasking, and follow-through skills
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good basic math skills (add and subtract accurately without paper or calculator)
- Must be willing and available to work flexible work schedules, to meet the changing requirements during store hours. Weekend shifts are required for maximum exposure to customers and staff.
- Must have the ability to perform all physical and mental requirements of the position, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, including, but not limited to: lifting 50+ lbs. of product on a regular basis; working safely with cleaning chemicals and kitchen equipment; climbing stairs and walking/standing throughout the majority of the workday; occasionally stooping or kneeling; reaching with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to apply common sense, with the understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form is required. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to interact well with others; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; make sound decisions; provide partnership to employees from diverse backgrounds in a dynamic and sometimes stressful work environment, while maintaining positive working relationships in a small team environment.
- Must consistently have regular, dependable attendance; and be able to satisfactorily pass a background check.
To learn more about our growing business, which provides authentic and traditional cheese, wine and specialty foods, culinary products, and our own house-made sandwiches to many repeat customers, visit theepicureantrader.com.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Must hold current authorization to work in the U.S. Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions