Digital Marketing Manager Down to Earth Farmers Markets
- Date Posted April 25, 2022
- Location Ossining, NY
- Category Business / Design
- Job type Part-Time
Down to Earth Markets has been creating and managing farmers markets for over 30 years. We're based in Ossining, NY and manage farmers markets in Westchester and New York City. We are a small, entrepreneurial, mission driven company and Certified B Corp. that believes real food and committed people can make a difference for our communities, the environment and the future of farming. Learn more at downtoearthmarkets.com.Job description
Down to Earth Farmers Market has an opportunity for someone who excels at marketing communication to get involved in the creation of a sustainable, local food system. Use your skills to present local farmers and artisan food makers to the public and to illustrate Down to Earth Market’s mission and achievements.
Down to Earth Market is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager who will report to the Managing Director. You will be responsible for creating and posting content across our digital platforms, which include web, email and social media. Your design and writing skills will foster community around our network of farmers markets, showcase our wide array of vendors, and present Down to Earth as a trusted leader in the NYC-area local food movement. Your success will be measured by the strength of our connection with current and potential shoppers, robust participation by vendors, and a strong link between shopper engagement in the farmers markets and in the digital world.
This is a part-time, remote position. Work hours can be flexible as long as you meet the weekly deadlines and overlap with the rest of the office team for at least four hours between 9am and 5pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays (there will be less flexibility during the training period). This job requires around 24 hours of desk work per week as well as occasional visits to farmers markets on weekends. Pay is $18-$20 an hour based on skills and experience.
You must have:
- An interest in local food and agriculture
- Strong writing and editing skills and the ability to combine words and images for maximum impact in a small amount of space
- A creative streak that powers you through solo work and lets you come at a problem from a few different angles
- An analytical streak that keeps you organized, on schedule and attuned to the results of your work
- A good instinct for collaboration that ensures you are regularly trading information and ideas with your fellow team members and not waiting for other people to reach out to you
- A high comfort level with doing research and initiating conversations to make sure you know what you’re talking about and are creating engaging content
- The ability to synthesize information and communicate on many different subjects
- Strong social media skills, including knowing both how best to communicate via the different platforms and how to make the most of the platforms’ tools. We work with Facebook, Instagram and Tumblr. You will also need to use Hootsuite and navigate various web platforms for sharing market information in event calendars and with the media.
- Excellent customer service skills in helping to answer questions and complaints that come in via digital channels
- Intermediate to high skill level with design software like Canva or similar
- Intermediate to high skill level in Mailchimp or similar (including basic HTML editing)
- Basic photo and video editing skills with Photoshop or other editing software
- Comfort with Microsoft business suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams) where we do our business work and internal communications