Local Food Program Coordinator Sustainable Business Network
- Date Posted April 27, 2022
- Location Cambridge, MA
- Category Media / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
The Sustainable Business Network of Massachusetts (SBN) is seeking a Local Food Program Coordinator. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial, strategic thinker, and motivated professional with an interest in the following areas: communications, event planning, and local food. This role involves promoting, selling, and enrolling organizations for our various events, as well as implementing those events. Successful candidates will be resourceful team players that thrive in dynamic work environments and enjoy taking on new challenges.
- Event Planning and Program Coordination (45%)
- Assist in the operations, planning, implementation, and partner coordination of the following established SBN events and programs: Local Food & Specialty Crop Trade Show, Eat Local MA Campaign, Boston Local Food Festival, B2B events, Speed Trading and other Workshops.
- Recruit vendors, food buyers, attendees, volunteers, and sponsors.
- Manage event registrations, payments, and communications of event details to registrants.
- Co-develop farm and food business workshops.
- Key-contributor to the Local Food Program strategic development plan.
- Communications and Marketing (30%)
- Manage the marketing and content creation for SBN’s Local Food Programs, brand, and promotion of member organizations with supervision by the Local Food Program Manager and consultation from SBN’s strategic partners.
- Manage the Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok) for Boston Local Food Programs.
- Build and maintain relationships with partners and businesses in food.
- Lead writing and creation of two monthly newsletters.
- Promote the Eat Local MA App to increase usage and downloads
- Organizational Support (25%)
- Assist with strategic planning and organizational decision making.
- Support SBN’s other programs and daily operations, including the Sustainable Business Awards, Annual Conference, and other programs and events.
- Take lead and represent SBN in internal and external meetings as appropriate.
- Assist in managing 1-2 interns at any given time for the Local Food Programs
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years work experience in communications/marketing, events planning, graphic design, food service, food sales, food systems, or agriculture.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated skill in relationship building, sales, and/or customer service
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Highly collaborative team player who demonstrates a positive attitude
- Quick learner, detail-oriented, multi-tasker and self-starter who can work independently and organize many competing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Proficient using:
- All basic Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Google Drive/G-Suite
- Zoom or equivalent video software tool
- Occasional weekend and evening hours required around event programming.
- Knowledge of food system industry: food service/culinary, food distribution/sales, food events, food policy, and/or food initiatives in Massachusetts and New England
- Experience and familiarity with several of the following tools or equivalents:
- Canva, HubSpot, Formstack, Squarespace, HootSuite, Video-editing software