Barista/Cafe Staff Nûrish
- Date Posted May 14, 2022
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business
- Job type Part-Time
Nûrish is a vegetarian and plant-based friendly restaurant and café, nestled in the heart of Prospect Heights, Brooklyn. We provide flavorful, nutritious, and affordable cuisine for Brooklyn and all.
We create flavorful, and nutritious food that Nûrishes, energizes, uplifts, empowers, and rejuvenates. The circumflex (ˆ) on the "u" in Nûrish points up and symbolizes how our food uplifts our customers to thrive, excel, and seize the day.
We believe that great tasting, beautifully crafted food should be routinely accessible. Our mission requires experience, talent, and plenty of love.Job description
We are looking for friendly, creative, detail-oriented individuals with an enthusiasm for specialty coffee, a passion for hospitality, and a willingness to learn and improve with our education and training. We offer a flexible work schedule, paid training, employee discount, tips and opportunity for growth. This position is a great fit for anyone who does not have a high school diploma or High School Equivalency Exam (GED). Responsibilities include the following:
- Greeting customers and receiving payments
- Preparing and serving a small-to-medium sized menu.
- Follow food safety and hygiene standards set forth by the state and ownership/management.
- Inspect food products and supplies as needed
- Inventory tracking and stock supply
- Maintaining optimal customer service practices
- Maintain an understanding of Nûrish’s offering including coffees, teas, and food menu
- Minimum one year experience in food service industry
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow tickets
- Basic math skills
- Ability to stand and remain active for extended periods of time
- Detailed oriented
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Experience as a barista
- New York State Food Protection Certificate a plus!
- Experience with latte art is a plus!
Must be based in New York City. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. Successfully reviewed candidates will be contacted for in-person interviews. Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions