- Date Posted May 14, 2022
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
About Just Fare
The Events Executive Chef (EEC) will oversee and manage all culinary aspects of our social events catering program, which provides high touch special events for both corporate and private clients. The EEC will spend time working both in our commissary kitchen in Oakland and onsite at event locations throughout Northern California. This role is essential in bridging communications, logistics and company culture between sales, front of house and culinary operations.
Fare is evolving during an exciting time of growth and is looking for a unique EEC with experience in managing multiple events at once, is a great people person and knows how to get the best from everyone, is detail-oriented, knows how to implement systems and tools efficiently and effectively, and is a true problem-solver no matter the challenge.
- Maintain company food vision and values.
- Oversee and contribute to the menu writing process, which consists of: use of responsible sourcing, conserving resources and working with best available products and working to best meet a variety of client considerations.
- Find creative ways to reduce food waste and implement measurable solutions that we’re proud to promote.
- Build and nurture current relationships with farmers, vendors and community partners to source the highest quality products for the best price. Form and manage new strategic vendor, farmer and community partnerships to continue to evolve the Fare/Potliquor food brand.
- Lead sustainability efforts to ensure we’re meeting certification standards and imagining new ways to be a thought leader in this arena.
- Manage catering growth and development alongside Events Director
- Oversee culinary operations and teams for multiple events at a given time
- Provide high level logistically planning and execution for BOH operations including on-site event management
- Coordinate communications and logistics with sales leads and Front of House teams
- Oversee every detail of our catering operation, with the help of your catering management team, always looking to improve efficiency and develop systems.
- Streamline communications and coordination across Back (BOH) and Front of House (FOH)
- Help to reimagine, implement, refine and uphold high-impact food and people values through operational goals and objectives.
- Oversee and train BOH on operational efficiencies, production management, staff training/development, sourcing/ordering and cooking techniques.
- Develop organizational charts and lead department people projections based on sales projections and budget targets.
- Support schedules as needed within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Recruit, onboard, and develop BOH staff; mentor and work alongside staff to ensure performance and culinary standards are being met on a consistent basis.
- Oversee disciplinary procedures and manage accompanying systems, tools and processes.
- Work with our Finance team to maintain budget and run financially sound operations; teach the culinary team about financial decision making.
- Lead metrics gathering to assess program satisfaction, food program impact and budget as well as other key program drivers.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Social Events Executive Chef and/or Culinary Operator
- Perform highly detailed work under fluctuating and concerted deadlines.
- High levels of organizational development; systems creation, structure implementation and ongoing tracking and management.
- Experience as a proven leader with the desire and ability to train others with measurable goals, outcomes and success metrics. Must be inclusive, respectful and considerate.
- Ability to uphold high standards for the team through positive discipline and fostering of teamwork.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and make sound decisions on-the-fly.
- Desire to work with the best local purveyors and products the region has to offer.
- Ability to think through the life cycle of food and develop plans to optimize operational efficiency, mitigate waste, and decrease environmental impact.
- Extensive culinary skills (knife, prep, preservation, etc).
- Ability to set goals, then plan and execute a roadmap to achieve them.
- Honest, clear, and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills (docs, spreadsheets, etc).
- Courage to think differently, take risks, ask questions and see outcomes as positive no matter the results.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a bonus.
Compensation & Benefits
- $83,000 Annual Salary
- Competitive wages in an equitable tiered pay structure for all employees
- All employees receive a 401K retirement account and Commuter Benefits (after 90 day introductory period)
- Holiday Pay for Full time and part time employees
- Meals provided daily onsite
- Opportunity to develop your skills, work with amazing people and together to make an impact within the community to change the world!
- BOH/FOH Staff: Opportunity to pick up shifts in other business units relevant to your experience
- Full time employees receive Health, dental, and vision insurance (after 90 days introductory period)
Schedule & Expectations
Typical schedules often include weekends for event execution, though may vary depending on event schedule. Travel north as far as Mendocino County and south as far as Big Sur is to be expected. We care deeply about work life balance and will work with you to ensure a manageable work schedule.Compensation this position is : salaried, 75k-100k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline