Agriculture Development Supervisor Vermont Agency of Agriculture +1 more
- Date Posted May 17, 2022
- Location Montpelier, VT
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
The Development Division of the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets seeks a driven and experienced marketing professional to lead marketing and export programs. This position, an Agriculture Development Supervisor, will guide the division's marketing program in developing communications and organizing events marketing efforts on behalf of Vermont agricultural and food businesses. This is a fast-paced position with a high level of autonomy while maintaining clear lines of communication with staff, colleagues, and division and Agency leadership. This position directly supervises two staff who support the goals of the marketing program and coordinate their own grant programs.
Major projects this position will lead include:
- International market development with support from Food Export Northeast
- Management of the Vermont Building at the Big E in Springfield, Massachusetts
- Collaboration with the Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing
- Writing and management of multiple federal and state grants that support marketing activities
- Development of a tradeshow and buyers mission program
- Other marketing projects as funds become available.
The ideal candidate will bring significant marketing experience specifically for digital platforms, understanding of content marketing and strategy, excellent communications skills, events management experience, strong facilitation abilities, budget oversight of multiple fund streams, and supervisory experience using strengths-based management strategies.
The Development Division is a highly-collaborative, forward thinking, and inclusive team. We are looking forward to welcoming a new team member who brings excellence and new perspectives to our work.
Duties are performed in a variety of settings, including open floorplan office, producer and market sites, and public events, project sites and potential hearing and legislative settings. Frequent in-state, regional, and out-of-state travel is involved for which private reliable means of transportation must be available. Frequent public communication and presentations, both verbally and in writing, is expected. An incumbent must coordinate activities with other departmental staff, the Secretary of the Agency and Deputy Secretary, and interact considerably with agricultural and land development business people, interest groups and the general public. Certain required activities will occur outside of normal office hours.
Master's degree in the field of agriculture, land use planning, natural resources management, forestry, economics, marketing, public relations, economic development, or a closely related field AND five (5) years’ experience at or above a technical level in agriculture, marketing, environmental conversation, communications, land use planning or another relevant field.
Bachelor's degree in the field of agriculture, land use planning, natural resources conservation, forestry, economics, marketing, public relations, economic development, or a closely related field AND six (6) years' experience at or above a technical level in agriculture, marketing, environmental conversation, communications, land use planning or another relevant field.
At least two (2) years of experience as an Agriculture Development Specialist III in Vermont State service.
Completion of Lean White and Yellow belt, facilitation, and program management trainings.
Candidates must have experience being responsible for the annualized management of grant and program funding greater than $1,000,000.
- 80% State paid medical premium
- Dental Plan at no cost for employees and their families
- Flexible Spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts
- Two ways to save for your retirement: A State defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation 457(b) plan
- Work/Life balance: 11 paid holidays each year and a generous leave plan; many jobs also allow for a flexible schedule
- Low cost group life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Incentive-based Wellness Program
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program