Factory Store & Tours Associate Taza Chocolate
- Date Posted May 17, 2022
- Location Somerville, MA
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Full-Time
At Taza Chocolate we make stone ground, organic chocolate. We grind quality ingredients using only stone mills to make a minimally processed chocolate unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
Taza is organized into two major functions: Production and Operations (including Sales, Marketing & Retail). Factory Store & Tours Associate performs an important role on the Retail team. They provide outstanding customer service and readily engage and educate customers about Taza Chocolate practices and products. They contribute to volume sales growth as forecasted in monthly sales goals.
A Factory Store & Tours Associate is responsible for two jobs - Tour Guide and Customer Service Associate. As a Tour Guide, they give interesting, exciting, engaging 45-minute tours of our manufacturing facility, teaching guests about how cacao is grown, our unique Direct Trade program, and our manufacturing process. As a Customer Service Associate, they answer questions about products, offer samples, and ring purchases up using the in-store POS system, as well as completing housekeeping tasks in the store throughout the day. The ideal candidate for the Factory Store & Tours Associate role is excited to combine both these roles into one!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Customer Service Associate:
- Conduct daily opening and closing sales procedures including cash drawer reconciliation and end day Sales Summary print out.
- Contribute to the consistent maintenance and refreshment of store product merchandising.
- Responsible for accurate product pricing and loss prevention.
- Assist with completion of monthly inventory counts.
- Help to train new store staff, as needed.
- Work with store team to carry out to-do schedule and maximize productivity during store shifts.
- Assist the Retail Operations Manager and Assistant Retail Operations Manager with event preparation as needed; identifying supply needs, merchandising, set-up & breakdown, etc.
- Set up and break down regularly scheduled tour tastings, including sample presentation, cleaning, & re-stocking.
- Lead tours with enthusiasm and ensure a fun, educational experience that provides accurate information about our history, mission, manufacturing processes, and products.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, have exceptional customer service skills (including strong verbal and written communication skills), and must be able to adapt easily to changes in workflow.
- Experience in retail or service industry required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Flexible work schedule required including weekend and holiday availability. Peak business periods may require extended work days and work weeks
- Ability to lift and move product weighing up to 30 pounds
This is a non-exempt position. Hours for the position are determined by the Taza retail schedule, and defined by the Retail Operations Manager. Weekend and holiday availability are required. Taza’s Factory Store and Tour business currently operates Monday-Friday, 11am-6pm, and Saturday-Sunday, 10am-6pm. In addition, Taza regularly participates in or hosts off-site and on-site events.
Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline