Sales Representative Curbside Compost
- Date Posted May 17, 2022
- Location Ridgefield, CT
- Category Business / Education
- Job type Full-Time
America wastes around 80 BILLION pounds of food each year. Over 80% of which comes from households and commercial businesses. Food that ends up in landfills contribute to 11% of yearly greenhouse gas emissions.
Instead of contaminating our environment, we can recover this material and convert it to nutrient-rich soils and renewable energy. All we have to do is separate it from our garbage and bring it to a different facility. This is where Curbside Compost steps in. We work at making it economically and environmentally beneficial for everyone to divert their food waste to proper facilities.
Come help us grow our customer base and generate real, positive impact on our environment.Job description
Sales Associate Job Responsibilities:
- Create prospects list for surrounding businesses.
- Makes outbound calls to prospects.
- Make weekly on-site sales visits. Must have a car.
- Record new customer information and initiate onboarding process.
- Operate information booth at several events.
- Service existing accounts
- Adjust content of sales presentation by studying the prospect.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports.
- Recommend changes in service and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Once training and prospects lists are completed, most hours will be at your discretion. Compensation is base hourly pay plus commission. The more Curbside customers you sign on, the more you earn. We expect 1-2 days per week on the road, visiting prospective customers. The rest - outbound calls, updating prospects, onboarding new customers - you can do from home. Some days you’ll operate the information booth at an event.
Sales Representative Qualifications/Skills:
- Customer service
- Prospect management
- Service knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Motivation for sales
Sales Representative Requirements:
- Passion for environmental-related work
- Past sales experience, preferable
- Must have a car
- Live in or around Fairfield or Westchester County
Sales Representative Compensation:
Compensation is commission based, but you will start with a base wage of $18.50/hr while you receive training and build an initial prospects list. Commission will be discussed during an interview.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Location job can be done remotely Application instructions