Farm Crew Vibrant Farm
- Date Posted May 18, 2022
- Location Bantam, CT
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Part-Time
- Vibrant Farm is a startup farm, in our second year, focused on growing the business and developing relationships with our community and network of food enthusiasts
- We grow vegetables year-round, under certification with Certified Naturally Grown, in greenhouses and fields on land in Bantam, CT
- We sell direct at local farmers markets and through our CSA and online store, and wholesale to grocery stores, restaurants, and other farms
- As a team, we value a positive work environment, openness, good communication
- In our first year we had an experienced team of farmers and salesfolks, and kept positions through the winter
- For 2022, most of our crew is returning but we're expanding!
Vibrant Farm is a young business growing our motivated and inspiring crew. Our team is coming off a successful first season and have created great momentum for our four-season, year-round vegetable farm. Customers include neighbors & local families, restaurants, grocery stores, and other local food businesses.
This position will fit into our daily rhythm of farm work. Tasks include harvesting, plant-tending tasks (watering, cultivating, etc.), seeding & transplanting, filling trays, washing, processing, & packing vegetables, and more! Some aspects of this job will be in a group setting while others may be solo. Additionally, this is physical and focused work. Having said that, the fun of a sunrise pea patch harvest and blabberfest with the other farmers is hard to beat!
Part Time work as field crew member on a vegetable farm in Bantam, CT
Assist the farm crew to grow & harvest vegetables & berries for sale
Increased hours & days per week in June-November
Opportunity for year-round part-time work
Responsibilities & Duties:
Grow, Tend, Harvest & Process vegetables, greens, & berries for sale
Watering, seeding, nutrient management, and other production-oriented tasks in greenhouses and fields
Documentation & communication with Production Director
Washing, Processing, & Packing Vegetables for sale
Picking orders for commercial and retail online orders
Opportunity for Sales roles at our Markets on Thursday evenings
Punctual, positive, mindful
Ability to receive and understand training and procedures
No agricultural experience necessary, but an interest in growing food is a plus
Previous hands-on work experience is helpful
Pay & Benefits:
Share in Farmer Gleanings
Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline