Operations Manager Taste the Local Difference +3 more
- Date Posted May 17, 2022
- Location Traverse City, MI
- Category Agriculture / Media
- Job type Full-Time
Taste the Local Difference is a women-owned marketing & media company specializing in communication strategy for Michigan’s local food businesses. We are passionate about education, building relationships and empowering entrepreneurs. Our team supports purpose-driven brands throughout the state of Michigan in local food and agriculture.
We offer our staff flexible schedules and a remote work environment that strives to create a healthy work-life balance. Our team is passionate about what we do and effective at collaboration despite our locations throughout the state. As a growing business, we encourage staff members to participate in business development and grow their careers here at TLD. Our staff are provided health benefits, paid holidays and generous PTO.Job description
The Operations Manager (OM) is responsible for managing daily operations of the TLD team, developing efficiencies and improving existing operating procedures. The ideal OM candidate has strong organizational skills, enjoys developing and maintaining systems, and pays close attention to detail.
The TLD Operations Manager is expected to:
- Manage invoicing and assist CEO with bookkeeping tasks
- Coordinate and lead weekly meetings with Team Members
- Manage ongoing team learning curriculum and schedule
- Assist in hiring and training process along with Leadership Team
- Collaborate with CEO on metrics and reporting
- Optimize project management and CRM tools
- Present themselves professionally in both written and verbal communications
- Act in a manner consistent with TLD’s core values and founding principles
- Work collaboratively, and communicate closely, with other TLD staff
- Bookkeeping Experience
- Strength in building and maintaining authentic relationships
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Quick learner
- Self directed and comfortable with remote based work
- An interest in local food systems
Taste the Local Difference is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans to apply.
This staff member can live anywhere in Michigan, but preference is given to Northwest Lower Michigan.
Salary Range: $40,000-$55,000
Benefits: Flexible Schedule, Paid Holidays, 2 Weeks Paid Vacation, Low Deductible Health Insurance Plan, Simple IRA, Opt-in Short Term Disability Group Rates, Paid Expenses, Cell Phone Stipend, Opportunity for Growth, Ongoing Reviews and Performance Evaluations.Compensation this position is : salaried, 35,568* - 50k Location job can be done remotely Application instructions