OPERATIONS MANAGER HomeHarvest - Edible Landscapes & Co
- Date Posted May 17, 2022
- Location BOSTON, MA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
Are you interested in building edible gardens in the Boston Area, helping people grow fruits and vegetables, and experiencing urban agriculture firsthand? We’re hiring for a leadership position as an operations manager on our team.
HomeHarvest is an edible gardening and landscape construction company based out of Arlington, MA with a local private fruit tree and berry nursery based on a small farm in Lexington. www.homeharvest.com Established in 2008.Job description
OPERATIONS MANAGER - We have a small installation team of between 3-4 people and the operations manager’s role is to lead the team and complete garden installations 8-9 months per year. About 60-70% of this role is hands on and physical, involving actual planting and installation work on site. The other 30-40% is administrative, involving communications with clients and vendors, planning, scheduling, procuring materials and plants, and invoicing.
Most of our projects have elements of edible gardening, perennial flower gardening, fruit trees, berries, ornamental plants and shrubs, and landscape construction elements such as arbors, pergolas, raised beds, and light stone masonry.
What we’re looking for:
- Somebody who demonstrates and practices humility.
- Leadership experience in a small team landscaping and gardening setting.
- Hunger for the work and our mission.
- Emotional intelligence and the ability to communicate well and cooperate with others.
- 4+ years of relevant experience with gardening and landscaping.
- A valid drivers license so you can drive company trucks.
- Ability to work well independently or with others.
- A flexible nature and the ability to change plans based on weather, shifting inventory, client feedback, unexpected delays etc.
- Knowledge about plant identification in Massachusetts; herbaceous perennials, trees, and shrubs.
- Basic landscape construction knowledge.
- Experience with annual fruits and vegetables as well as perennial edible plants.
- The ability to zoom in and pay attention to detail, yet also zoom out and see the bigger picture of the project, as well as the upcoming 3-5 projects.
- Strength and physical prowess with the physical work of gardening and landscaping.
- Gentleness and kindness when communicating with others.
Pay commensurate with experience, likely starting between $30-40/hr plus a monthly health care stipend, paid holidays, and company truck. A comparable salaried position is also feasible.Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions