Field and Market Crew Piece by Piece Farm
- Date Posted May 19, 2022
- Location Rochester, WA
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
Each day starts with harvest, including the washing and packing of produce. The rest of the day is devoted to farm projects such as delivering produce, trellising/pruning, weeding, transplanting and packing CSA boxes.
All crew has a set schedule for the season. Typically full-time positions work five days in a row. People interested in a part-time position must be able to commit to three days a week. We start at 7:00 or 7:30 and work an eight hour day. Market days are Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday. Full-time crew that commits to staying until at least October also receives three paid days off to enjoy summer a bit. We prefer crew that can stay until October, but have one peek season position that runs June-September. We are open to alternative schedules and try to be as flexible as possible.
- Able to lift 40 pounds repeatedly, spend long periods of time bent over, squatting and kneeling,
- Be motivated to show up each day working to the best of your ability
- Able to give and receive feedback to/from owners and other crew
- Have an interest in small scale organic production farming.
- Enjoy working as a team but also able to stay focused when working independently.
For someone who enjoys physical work and being outside, farming can be a lot of fun. It can also be tedious and a good attitude and sense of humor are essential.
Previous farming experience is valued but not necessary.
Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline