Event Coordinator Yardy World +1 more
- Date Posted June 01, 2022
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary / Media
- Job type Part-Time
Our company is a great fit for you if you are a self-starter interested in growing a start-up brand, are good at turning high-level concepts into action plans, and have proven experience in the food, art and culture space. The type of events we do vary but our mission remains the same: to provide the world with immersive, collaborative storytelling while creating global food and culture journeys. Job description
Events & Experience Coordinator (Part-Time)
$25 per hour (30 hours per week, with some AM and PM flexibility in schedule for client and in-house events)
Do you love to give other people the spotlight and watching a kernel of an idea become a fully executed experience? Do you approach problem solving with a listening ear, positive energy, and a sense of collaboration? If so, this role will suit you well. Yardy World is searching for a talented and motivated individual to organize our events and experiences. A successful candidate is a master at making others feel seen, heard, and cared for while employing assertive communication at the right times to ensure goal alignment and clear project expectations.
The Events & Experience Coordinator is the tie that binds our company to our growing community. This role is regarded with high regard because events and great experiences are the reason we started Yardy World in the first place. You will be responsible for assisting your direct supervisor with every aspect of event preparations, such as choosing venues, approving florals, developing seating plans, and evaluating success afterward.
The person best suited for this role takes organization to the next level by delivering information to the right person at the right time. Events are about relationship management and making personal connections while staying firm and true to our brand’s goals and vision. It means staying the course when deliveries arrive late, staff calls out, and floral installs are running behind. In this role you will take all of these potential roadblocks and turn them into an unforgettable way forward.
We are currently offering this position as a part-time role but we are looking to promote the right candidate to a full-time position, especially as our events and experience sector grows in the years to come. Full-time position employees are eligible for benefits such as health insurance, paid vacation, unlimited PTO, and free Yardy World merch!
Who We Are
Yardy World is a creative studio redefining food and culture through events and special projects. What began in 2017 as a project to create space for more Black and Caribbean food has grown into a suite of products and services dedicated to creating better pathways to equity in the food and beverage industry. Yardy World is mostly known for producing events: from fashion activations, to weddings, galas, art dinners and in-house events for our community to get together. Our passion and dedication to food and culture has led to a growing portfolio of clients that entrust us with finding creative solutions to their company needs.
Our company is a great fit for you if you are a self-starter interested in growing a start-up brand, are good at turning high-level concepts into action plans, and have proven experience in the food, art and culture space. The type of events we do vary but our mission remains the same: to provide the world with immersive, collaborative storytelling while creating global food and culture journeys.
Hybrid of remote and in-person as well as on-site for client and in-house events.
Client & In-house Event Coordination
- Manage all activities related to events process, including but not limited to initial inquiries, bookings, and logistics, internal event coordination, and post-event follow up
- Manage and help grow our relationships with vendors, internal teams, and contractors
- Support event staff with clear expectations, communication and contagious motivation
- Maintain event budgets and keep our pricing sheets up to date
- Respond quickly and efficiently when liaising with clients, vendors, exhibitors, and staff during the event process to ensure impactful communication
- Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to the client’s standards.
- Assist supervisor with virtual and in-person event production logistics
Research & Development
- Assess an event’s overall success and submit findings
- Grow and maintain our list of vendors and freelancers
- Liaise with our potential and current clients and collect client data and feedback
Experiential Activations & Special Projects
- Managing experiential campaigns
- Lead brand gifting initiatives
- Forecast trends relevant to the experiential events and marketing landscape
- At least 3 years of proven event and production experience in New York
- Must have the availability for a flexible work schedule. You can spend some time working from home, but the job also frequently requires being on-site and oftentimes in the evenings
- Must be an excellent written and oral communicator with attention to detail and comfortable liaising between direct supervisors and clients
- Ability to contribute to a work environment built on mutual respect, candor, and collaboration
- You will occasionally have to lift anywhere between 2 pounds to 50 pounds