Southeast Michigan Account Manager Taste the Local Difference +3 more
- Date Posted June 01, 2022
- Location Ann Arbor, MI
- Category Agriculture / Media
- Job type Full-Time
Taste the Local Difference is a women-owned marketing & media company specializing in communication strategy for Michigan's local food businesses. We are passionate about education, building relationships and empowering entrepreneurs. Our team supports purpose-driven brands throughout the state of Michigan in local food and agriculture.
Southeast Michigan Account Executive
TLD’s Southeast Michigan Account Executive (AE), also known as the region's Local Food Coordinator, is located in Southeast Michigan and is responsible for managing existing, and developing new, local food business relationships for TLD in the region. The AE focuses on ensuring these relationships are impactful for our food business partners as well as the mission and sustainability of TLD. The ideal AE candidate has strong communications and relationship building skills, sales and marketing experience, is comfortable with both print and digital media, and is interested in supporting the success of local food businesses.
TLD Southwest Michigan Account Executive is expected to:
1. Develop authentic relationships with local food businesses in Northwest Michigan
2. Meet an annual marketing services sales goal of at least $65,000
3. Connect farmers with resources, capacity building technical assistance and new business relationships
4. Increase the demand for locally grown and produced food through outreach and communications
5. Make business connections along the local food system value chain
6. Present themselves professionally in both written and verbal communications
7. Act in a manner consistent with TLD’s core values and founding principles
8. Work collaboratively, and communicate closely, with other TLD staff
1. Strength in building and maintaining authentic relationships
2. Sales and marketing experience
3. An interest in local food systems
4. Strong writing and communications skills
5. Comfort with cold calling and follow-up
6. Quick learner
7. Self directed and comfortable with remote based work
8. Strong time management and organizational skills
9. Experience using CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software
Taste the Local Difference is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans to apply.
This staff member is expected to be living in Southeast Michigan preferably in Washtenaw, Livingston or Monroe counties.
this position is : salaried, 35,568* - 50k
Benefits: Flexible Schedule, Paid Holidays, 2 Weeks Paid Vacation, Low Deductible Health Insurance Plan, Simple IRA, Opt-in Short Term Disability Group Rates, Paid Expenses, Cell Phone Stipend, Opportunity for Growth, Ongoing Reviews and Performance Evaluations