Assistant Fleet Manager Myers Produce +2 more
- Date Posted June 21, 2022
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
We are seeking an individual to fill the Assistant Fleet Manager role within our Operations Team in NYC.
As the Assistant Fleet Manager, your schedule would include two weekly delivery shifts, two weekly routing shifts plus one shift a week working on various related projects, for a total of about 40 hours per week. You would be responsible for working with our Fleet Manager to plan 6-7 weekly routes, while communicating fluidly with our Operations Team, Sales Team, and Purchasing Team. Your delivery routes would involve driving a 18-ft Cabover Truck or small Ford Transit Van from our hub in Brooklyn to destinations within the NYC Metro Area.
The schedule is as follows. This schedule is subject to change, particularly when we transition into our busiest season in September.
Monday 7am-1pm (delivery)
Tuesday 8am - 5pm (work from home / occasional delivery)
Wednesday 8am - 4pm (work from home)
Thursday 7am-1pm (delivery)
Friday 8am - 5pm (work from home)
- SIMPLE IRA with an employer match of 3%
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Medical Card Reimbursement
- Earned Sick Time
- Guaranteed Annual Raise
- Safe Driving & Medical Card Compliance Rewards Program
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has clear and focused communication skills
- Enjoys problem-solving
- Likes physical work, is able to lift 40-50 lb boxes
- Has experience driving trucks, vans, or at least cars in NYC
- Is observant, has excellent attention to detail
- Adapts well to the changes and surprises that are inevitable in our line of work
- Understands how critical their role is to Myers Produce
- Is interested in our mission and passionate about regional food sourcing
- Understands the layout of NYC and the ins and outs of driving here
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office
- Has a smartphone
- Has a valid driver’s license (CDL is not required).
- We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
- One-year commitment required.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline