Lead Production Chef In Good Company +2 more
- Date Posted June 21, 2022
- Location Los Angeles, CA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Setting the Stage:
In Good Company is here to transform your freezer and dinner table, making it more exciting, delicious, and sustainable! We are the first chef-to-freezer-to-table meal delivery company in the country that also uses all reusable packaging. We launched during the pandemic as a way to help restaurants and customers through a difficult time, but quickly found the love and demand for what we were doing is here to stay!
Having gone from idea to launch to full-scale operations in two cities in just 8 months, we are a fast moving start-up with a lot of momentum. Our team is on a mission to reimagine how people can explore the food and flavors of their city in a way that is not only good for them, but also good for local businesses and the planet. If you’re passionate about great food, a love dinner parties, and someone who gives a damn about the future of this planet, then you’ve come to the right place.What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced production chef to join our team and lead our production efforts. This is a key role for us, and an exciting opportunity to help us grow and develop our production and systems. If all the above sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
The Role: Lead Production Chef (LA)
Awesome food is at the core of what we do. We work with many of the best restaurants to develop exciting frozen meals and execute volume production of those meals. Thoughtfully growing our production team and developing systems that provide for excellence at high volumes is the name of the game. Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate directly with the executive, marketing, and operations teams in development of new menu items, testing, and production
- Manage and lead a quickly growing culinary team of 5-10
- Cultivate and maintain an excellent and safe work environment.
- Develop and manage culinary and safety training programs, to include working toward GMP/SQF food safety certifications.
- Efficiently supervise, guide and train kitchen associates to provide quality food production at scale based on developed timing, portions, food quality and sanitation/cleanliness guidelines
- Schedule, evaluate, supervise and direct all kitchen personnel
- Manage appropriate inventory of supplies and materials needed for production
- Establish, direct and review performance standards
- Responsible for the development and execution of cost and efficiency targets for labor, food, and production expenses.
- 2 years experience as executive chef / leadership chef role preferred, including experience with menu design and recipe creation, with a solid catering background.
- Proven experience in managing food and labor aspects of P&L and budgeting functions
- Previous high volume, high-quality experience
- Excellent communication and management skills, with a go getter attitude
- Knowledge of food safety: federal, state and local laws and regulations as it relates to food handling and food production.
- Be meticulous and consistent in performing regular safety checks, as well as performance and quality checks.
- Strong understanding of Google Suite
- May be required to work varying schedules to include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be someone who enjoys working as and being part of a team that produces awesome products in an awesome work environment
- Experience in product testing
- Excellent culinary skills
- Excellent interpersonal and training skills.
- Able to develops and drive innovative process
- Ability and experience in analysis, KPI’s, food cost management, and kitchen labor
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Managers ServSafe Certificate
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineJuly 31, 2022