Front of House Team Members Little Cat Lodge +2 more
- Date Posted June 22, 2022
- Location Hillsdale, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Come join our opening team at the brand new mountainside getaway, Little Cat Lodge! We are an all-season getaway nestled in an idyllic natural setting at the base of the Catamount ski mountain. Drawing from the rich history of the property, the European Mountain Inns it was modeled after, and inspired by our surroundings, Little Cat Lodge’s Tavern & Restaurant will serve Alpine-style fare with seasonal and local inspiration. Carefully selected wines and a distinctive cocktail menu will highlight the varied Alpine regions just as well as they highlight the food.
Slated to open in July, we are excited to welcome travelers and neighbors for a comfortable stay in our 14-room Hotel, a casual meal in our Tavern, a special occasion dinner in our Dining Room, an après-ski (or sun!) cocktail with gorgeous mountain views on our patio, or a relaxing poolside beverage. Upon opening, our focus will be on our Tavern room, which we will open 5 nights a week for dinner and drinks.Job description
We are very excited to find our opening Front of House team! We're looking for staff with positivity, motivation, an eagerness to learn, and a true excitement about food, drink and hospitality.
We are searching for a hardworking crew that includes:
- Support staff
- Team leaders - a Lead Bartender and Lead Server
*Full-time and part-time availability are both welcomed!*
- For Bartender & Server positions, some experience working in table-service restaurants is preferred
- Host and Support Staff positions are great for those of you looking to crack into the restaurant industry - if you are excited to learn, we're excited to teach you!
- Ideally you have some wine, beer and cocktail knowledge, though we will provide training and learning opportunities about our specific menus and selections
- You are a people person, problem solver, and good communicator
You will be expected to:
- learn and communicate the ins and outs of our food & beverage menus
- Interact with all guests in a genuinely positive and enthusiastic manner
- Follow our steps of service to create a memorable guest experience
- Work cooperatively with your team to foster a welcoming atmosphere for everyone at the Little Cat Lodge
Little Cat Lodge is a multifaceted property, so positions with a variety of skill sets and levels are available. We are committed to nurturing our team and creating opportunities for growth within the company. We value open and honest communication and feedback throughout our company, and make regular reviews a priority.
Benefits & Perks include:
- Health insurance eligibility with stipend for full time employees after review period
- Dental and vision insurance options as part of above healthcare plan
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Leave
- Daily family meal provided for all shifts
- Employee discounts
- Opportunities to explore special wines and spirits
- Flexible scheduling available
Wages start at $13.50/hour base rate before tips, dependent on experience and position. You are guaranteed pay of at least $15/hour if ever the tip pool does not reach that rate, but we estimate you will take home between $25-40 per hour after tips are factored in! All front of house employees will be included in the tip pool.
Due to our location, access to reliable transportation is a must. (If this is a problem, we can help you solve it!) Free parking is provided.
These jobs can be physically demanding, and the ability to actively work up to an 8 hour shift is expected.
Little Cat Lodge is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that respects and values diversity of cultural, ethnic, and experiential backgrounds. We encourage all to apply!Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $15.00 - $38.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline