- Date Posted July 28, 2022
- Location Accord, NY
- Category Design
- Job type Full-Time
INNESS is an intimate country refuge, hotel and restaurant located in Accord, New York.
INNESS is situated on a campus of 225 pastoral acres, which include a 12-room farmhouse hotel, 28 guest cabins, restaurant, event barn, a 9-hole golf course, sporting outfitter, two swimming pools, tennis courts, walking trails, a retail home and farm shop, as well as an organic farm and orchard.Job description
INNESS is a Luxury Boutique Hotel in an exceptionally unique setting in the Hudson Valley between the Catskill Mountains and the Shawangunk Ridge. The Hotel Manager (FT/Salary/Exempt) will report directly to the CEO and Founder. As department head, the Hotel Manager will work with all managers and employees to successfully execute hotel operations, including guest services and satellite amenities. Responsible for day-to-day management of Guest Services, Housekeeping, Cabin and Hotel Maintenance, Hotel Financial Reporting, Budgeting and Forecasting. Continually developing and improving standards in line with the Inness brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all guest service functions and staff
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service, and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations
- Ensures that all Guest Service areas have an atmosphere that is conducive to the overall guest experience
- Reviews prior shift reports for issues that have happened or need addressing, identify areas of improvement
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers
- Manages all day-to Guest Services team, front desk and drivers
- Manages oversee all day – to day engineering and facilities maintenance team
- Implement and manage hotel’s quality control process in order to meet or exceed standards. The quality process will encompass multiple departments which the Hotel Manager is responsible for.
- Conduct Housekeeping and Maintenance Inspections with appropriate follow-up.
- Ensure company standards for housekeeping, décor and guest services are met
- Evaluate the hotel to ensure safety and health compliance
- Ensure that the hotel policies, procedures and rules are being met in the day to day operations of the hotel.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process
- Understands the impact of Guest Service operations on the Rooms area and overall property financial goals
- Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals
- Review Labor and Controllable Costs among hotel and housekeeping departments.
- Process and Audit Weekly Payroll to ensure complete accuracy week to week.
- Keep track and evaluate the hotel’s financials, including room rates
- Set budgets and room rates, allocate funds and approve expenditures for various departments
- Review invoices and vendor agreements if there are any issues or new vendors required
Staffing and Supervisory
- Interview, hire, train and terminate staff
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors
- Supervises and manages employees
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team
- Ensures recognition of employees is taking place across areas of responsibility
- Must possess a high level of critical thinking and decision-making skills while be self-motivated, proactive, positive and hotel cheerleader.
- Must possess strong leadership and managerial skills handle multiple priorities
- Knowledge of all hotel operating procedures
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Compensation this position is : salaried, 75k-100k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineAugust 30, 2022