Field Crew Laborer Ackley Brands
- Date Posted August 01, 2022
- Location Yamhill, OR
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
Position Description: The role of the Field Crew Laborer is to perform quality execution of vineyard duties such as: pruning, canopy management, harvest operations, and other grounds maintenance activities. This is a field position that requires practice of mental presence, attention to detail, a passion or desire to learn about grapevines, and a sense of pride and ownership in your work. In this position, you will reflect and represent the quality performance that is administered in the vineyards for Ackley Brands.
Daily Duties and Tasks:
- Be prepared to work in varying weather conditions (extreme heat, humidity, wet or raining, and windy).
- Insure you have personal gear on hand to work in varying weather conditions.
- Arrive to work on time, every day.
Main Duties and Tasks:
- Perform essential vineyard tasks by hand as they occur throughout the season: pruning, tipping and tying, leaf removal, suckering, shoot thinning, shoot positioning, and cluster thinning.
- Utilize hand shears, loppers, machetes, shovels, and weed whackers
- Report any damages seen or done to trellis, vines, and terrain immediately to the Field Supervisor.
- Understand proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE). Maintain care and cleanliness of PPE at all times and report any safety concerns to the Field Supervisor.
- Be responsible for cleaning up after yourself and returning all tools and materials to the Field Supervisor.
- Report any injuries immediately to the Field Supervisor.
- Stay focused on tasks at hand.
- Work in a team environment and support your fellow team members.
- Attend regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Take direction and constructive criticism from the Field Supervisor in stride knowing they have the ultimate say.
- Other related assignments as necessary.
- Bending, kneeling and twisting repetitively throughout work shift.
- Occasional lifting up to 40 pounds required.
- Long term standing or walking on uneven terrain.
- Repetitive wrist movement that encompasses squeezing, rotating and bending.
- Must possess the desire to perform quality execution of vineyard duties.
- Understand vine physiology and growth.
- Must be organized, possess good communication skills and mental presence.
- Able to work weekends.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Must be able to understand and follow all safety procedures.
- Demonstrate kindness and support to fellow team members.
- Contribute to BBQs and community meals.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline