SFP Delivery Driver Molly Oliver Flowers
- Date Posted August 02, 2022
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Agriculture / Production
- Job type Part-Time
Molly Oliver Flowers is a small, woman-owned/operated sustainable floral design company, based in Gowanus, Brooklyn. Founded by farmer-florist Molly Culver in 2011, our goal is to connect clients with high quality seasonal flowers, to support local flower farmers, and to reduce waste as much as possible in the process. We love to support the renaissance of local flower farming, bringing joy to New Yorkers, and growing community through flowers! In 2020, we launched a seasonal weekly subscription service called the Seasonal Flower Project. Through this project, 15% of profits are donated to BIPOC-identified farmers and BIPOC-led land reparations initiatives, as we value increasing diversity in farming and land ownership.Job description
MOF is hiring a delivery drivers for the remainder of 2022. The SFP Driver will pick up and deliver flower bouquets and add-on items to our “host sites” as well as make direct deliveries to customers on Wednesdays, August – November. The SFP Driver will be paid as part-time staff, at 8-12 hours per week. Driver does not need their own vehicle, but if you do, that's great!
Days / Hours:
- Position begins ASAP
- Hours vary an 8 hour day every other week; a 4-5 hour day on alternate weeks, but you can do wedding prep work to fill out the day: 7:30am– 3:30pm. Paid training for 1 week as well
- Driver must return empty our flower buckets to the studio Wednesday evening or by Mondays evenings to our studio.
- This position begins on the earliest possible Wednesday, and ends 11/30/22, with potential for special order delivery work in December.
- The SFP Driver is paid hourly, at $28/hour, and is hired as a part/time employee (taxes will be removed from paychecks; hours are set; MOF sets work expectations).
- The SFP Driver receives a weekly bouquet of flowers
Overall: Complete weekly routes efficiently, safely, and according to route + protocol
- Be ON TIME. It is essential you are prompt and arrive to the studio according to schedule.
- Carefully load/quality check, count, and deliver 10-20 buckets of flowers
- Safely and carefully deliver perishable, tender goods (the flowers) throughout Manhattan / Brooklyn / LIC, following prescribed route
- Strictly follow MOF protocol for customer notifications, interactions and drop-offs
- Pick up last week’s empty buckets to return to studio
- Provide professional and kind customer service to our 15+ host sites (owners / staff / clientele) and our “direct delivery” subscription clients
- Take 5 photos a month (for “behind the scenes” / “happy customer” / “on the job” photos for social media)
- Communicate promptly when delays / issues arise during deliveries
- Final eyes / count and check on all buckets + special orders; cross check with your lists (left for you on clipboard) BEFORE leaving our studio
- Load buckets efficiently and from last stop to first in your van/vehicle
- Clock in and out on Homebase app promptly each work day
Qualifications - Required:
- Must have at least 1 vaccination for Covid-19, and show proof of 2nd dose w/in 45 days
- You either have your own vehicle with GOOD working A/C, up to date service records, and insurance; otherwise, we’ll rent a U-haul weekly for you to pick up. We reimburse for tolls and gas fill ups paid out of pocket.
- 1-2 years’ experience with customer service or equivalent role / be a people-person
- Detail-oriented; sensitive to the needs of a small business to be as error-free as possible!
- Ability to routinely lift and carry 40lbs
- Ability to adapt to changes in this small, ever-evolving small business
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic, proactive problem solver
- Excited to help improve the Seasonal Flower Project in 2022, mainly by improving efficiency + quality, customer retention and satisfaction (host site partners/staff and SFP members)
- Preferred: 1-2 years’ experience driving / delivering perishable goods – ideally flowers
- Preferred: 1-2 years+ experience working with cut flowers or vegetables, on a farm or in a florist shop
This position is right for you if you:
- Are a great NYC driver
- Enjoy working independently
- Enjoy building relationships and a rapport with customers/regulars
- Are hard-working and indefinitely optimistic
- Are an excellent communicator
- Love flowers
Working at Molly Oliver Flowers, you will gain hands-on experience in the workings of small sustainability-focused floral design business. You will have the opportunity to learn about local/seasonal flowers and farms, local distribution models, sustainable floral design, flower handling and post-harvest care, and much more.
Molly Oliver Flowers is an equal-opportunity employer.
this position is : hourly, $20/hr +