Community Garden Program Specialist Fresh Approach +4 more
- Date Posted August 05, 2022
- Location East Palo Alto, CA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
We are seeking an individual who values diversity at all levels and is committed to fostering an environment in which community members and co-workers from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. Job description
Fresh Approach seeks a detail-oriented and organized individual with good public communication skills to plan, coordinate, and implement the organization’s Community Garden Programs. This role is primarily responsible for planning and implementing community garden programs including workshops, volunteer days, assigning plots and home installations, regular garden and greenhouse maintenance, community compost program, and oversight of interns, volunteers and/or ambassadors.
We are seeking an individual who values diversity at all levels and is committed to fostering an environment in which community members and co-workers from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive.
- Coordinate and Further Develop the Collective Roots Community Garden Programs
- Develop partnerships and work closely with community organizations, government agencies, and farmers’ markets throughout the Bay Area
- Develop new garden education lesson plans and materials, and adapt established curriculum
- Assess community need for programming and events
- Work with Marketing & Communications staff to develop outreach and promotional material for garden plots, installations, and other programs
- Develop and coordinate garden resource supplies for installations and maintenance
- Assist with Community Compost Hub program development and implementation
- Coordinate with partner school and community gardens, providing supplies and support
- Assist in project management to ensure that projects successfully meet guidelines
- Complete record-keeping to document work completed and progress toward grant goals
- Collect, input, and analyze program data using Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets and Salesforce
- Use data to report impacts, shape future planning, and recruit future partnerships
- Participate in collaborative/regional meetings related to health, food access, and public benefits
- Engage Fresh Approach’s volunteers, interns, and community members
Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline