Sous Chef Ruse Restaurant at The Wildset +1 more
- Date Posted August 05, 2022
- Location St. Michaels, MD
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
We are looking for a talented Sous Chef to help us run our kitchen, oversee food production, and lead a group of cooks. The right candidate needs excellent time management, leadership, and cooking skills. Our Sous Chef will work closely with our Executive Chef. We are a small team where we foster a cooperative relationship between FOH and BOH.
Responsibilities Include –
- In conjunction with the Executive Chef, assist with supervising and managing all aspects of the kitchen and production, while keeping with our standards of food quality and restaurant cleanliness
- Serve as the acting Head Manager when the Executive Chef is not on the restaurant premises
- Assist Executive Chef in supervising and coordinating all kitchen sub-sections engaged in the preparation and cooking of all food items
- Assist Executive Chef in planning menus; consider availability of ingredients, the level of skill required in preparing new menus, style and standards of the restaurant
- Achieve stated objectives in sales, cost containment, employee retention, cleanliness, and sanitation
- Ensure food items for restaurant, hotel guest breakfasts, and private events are prepared on time and meet quality standards
- Supervise cooking and other kitchen personnel and coordinate their assignments and arrangements to ensure economic and timely food production
- Estimate current and daily requirements for ordering based on, daily menus, covers, forecasts etc.
- Seek out sources of fresh food; monitor all produce and meat for freshness
- Maintain product consistency by conducting inspections of seasonings, portion, and appearance of food.
- Ensure that unused food is stored properly in order to minimize waste and maximize quality.
- Schedule staff based upon forecasted volumes
- Drive for results: Work to achieve high levels of personal and organizational performance to meet or exceed objectives.
- Interact with Department of Health and manage health code regulations
- Attractive, competitive pay and bonus and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401k - Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline